By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• Translate between 103 languages by typing
• Offline: Translate 52 languages when you have no Internet
• Instant camera translation: Use your camera to translate text instantly in 29 languages
• Camera Mode: Take pictures of text for higher-quality translations in 37 languages
• Conversation Mode: Two-way instant speech translation in 32 languages
• Handwriting: Draw characters instead of using the keyboard in 93 languages
Translations between the following languages are supported:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Corsican, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Frisian, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Kurdish (Kurmanji), Kyrgyz, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Scots Gaelic, Serbian, Sesotho, Shona, Sindhi, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Xhosa, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
What's New in Version 5.3.1
Several bug fixes and usability improvements
Improvements to handwriting input
Added more information to alternate translations
The app works great in many ways. It takes verbal, visual, and written words. I like that because it's makes things much easier. Another thing I like are the alternatives that they offer when you translate something. Many words have different meanings for that word so it is useful for one to take that personal decision of what that word implies. There's lots of room for improvement too! But I see that you guys are catching on really fast, so there is no need to complain. My suggestion to you is that if you could allow us to maybe send a sentence or a short phrase to an actual person who speaks that language and get replied back on what it means after a day or two would be a nice addition to this app. Because obviously this app translations aren't always perfect. Simply because language is complicated and technology can only go so far with translations. Hope you read my suggestion and maybe add it in the future. Overall great easy to use translation tool.
Constantly Taking It To A New Level
I don't use any other translation apps anymore. The ability to see real-time visual translations in front of your eyes alone sets this so far apart from all others. Further, the off line downloading option is simply tremendous. Well done!
The app has been as good as a translation app can be expected to be, but what is outstanding is that after I complained that there was an issue in the latest update, they fixed it immediately after.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Oct 14, 2016
- Version: 5.3.1
- Size: 56.3 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2016 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.