By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• Translate between 103 languages by typing
• Offline: Translate 52 languages when you have no Internet
• Instant camera translation: Use your camera to translate text instantly in 29 languages
• Camera Mode: Take pictures of text for higher-quality translations in 37 languages
• Conversation Mode: Two-way instant speech translation in 32 languages
• Handwriting: Draw characters instead of using the keyboard in 93 languages
Translations between the following languages are supported:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Corsican, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Frisian, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Kurdish (Kurmanji), Kyrgyz, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Scots Gaelic, Serbian, Sesotho, Shona, Sindhi, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Xhosa, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
What's New in Version 5.4.1
Several bug fixes and usability improvements
Chinese is OK
If you use it for one word you and your Chinese speaking friend are stuck on, it's great.. even if it's first guess is a different dialect or something they don't use where u are, it offers another 2 to 5 synonyms or words which they can check out. Short (small talk) phrases are usually ok too.
Sentence grammar/structure has come a long way for google but it's not quite there yet and it's so different from area to area over here in Asia. So don't expect it to do perfect Chinese for you, but they will usually get the gist of what you're trying to ask or say.
Thanks for this app! It's helped me a lot for a long time!
Yes it's true for Spanish it doesn't correctly translate the sentences but I thought I could change back and forth to see if I needed to reword and it would work but this app completely rewrites what you write into this crazy sentence that means nothing or worse something bad ! And I thought apple messenger was bad this is awful ! This is free ! And you get what you pay for ! You get head aches ! And forget about contacting the app geeks! They won't answer your questions ! Someone really doesn't have a clue how AMERICAN language works the meaning of our words and they translate without certainty of the correct meaning
Nice app, all except for the English voice.
The English voice has a very flat, midwestern accent. It is rather unpleasant. It rather reminds me of the voice of the woman that answers the phone at the company that picks up the trash here near Dayton OH. Not being a native Ohioan, I don't care for the dullness of the common accent. The country styled "farmer's" accent is not to be believed. They call this state, "Oh hi!" or "Oh hi ya," both of which sound more like greetings that a state's name.
I would much rather hear a more cosmopolitan accent, like national typical TV newscasters, or like me!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Dec 21, 2016
- Version: 5.4.1
- Size: 57.3 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2016 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.