By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• Translate between 103 languages by typing
• Offline: Translate 52 languages when you have no Internet
• Instant camera translation: Use your camera to translate text instantly in 29 languages
• Camera Mode: Take pictures of text for higher-quality translations in 37 languages
• Conversation Mode: Two-way instant speech translation in 32 languages
• Handwriting: Draw characters instead of using the keyboard in 93 languages
Translations between the following languages are supported:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Corsican, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Frisian, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Kurdish (Kurmanji), Kyrgyz, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Scots Gaelic, Serbian, Sesotho, Shona, Sindhi, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Xhosa, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
What's New in Version 5.2.0
Several bug fixes and usability improvements
Offline translation in 52 languages
Instant camera translation: English to/from Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)
13 new languages
Camera translation needs help
So the app is overall, amazing and so helpful. But the camera feature...needs some help. Even after taking a picture of clear text, or uploading a screenshot of text, it still has trouble finding text to translate. Maybe it doesn't have the language yet, but I've tried clear Japanese and French text, and it doesn't want to read and translate them.
But I digress, it's still the best and fastest translation app I've found, all things considered.
Good but one problem
The app is good and helpful.
Camera feature is definitely having some problems though. I keep getting this error (error 50) whenever I take a picture of text to be translated and then end up being unable to utilise the camera function completely. I never had this problem until recently.
It'd be great to be able to use this part of the app again.
Constantly Taking It To A New Level
I don't use any other translation apps anymore. The ability to see real-time visual translations in front of your eyes alone sets this so far apart from all others. Further, the off line downloading option is simply tremendous. Well done!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jul 01, 2016
- Version: 5.2.0
- Size: 32.0 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2016 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.