By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• Translate between 103 languages by typing
• Offline: Translate 52 languages when you have no Internet
• Instant camera translation: Use your camera to translate text instantly in 30 languages
• Camera Mode: Take pictures of text for higher-quality translations in 37 languages
• Conversation Mode: Two-way instant speech translation in 32 languages
• Handwriting: Draw characters instead of using the keyboard in 93 languages
Translations between the following languages are supported:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Corsican, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Frisian, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Kurdish (Kurmanji), Kyrgyz, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Scots Gaelic, Serbian, Sesotho, Shona, Sindhi, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Xhosa, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
What's New in Version 5.5.1
Instant camera translation: English to/from Japanese
Fixed background audio issue
Several bug fixes and usability improvements
Great free app that I use often.
The design of this app is very simple. It is easy to put in text and get the results. Then you can reverse the translation to see if it is what was intended. It handles many languages. It also has a brilliant method of detecting a language which I have used when unexpected foreign text appears in an email or page. There is not much an app can do to guess at the intended meaning. If I were to improve this I would add a drop down of significantly different meanings for the word being translated. Or add context to the translation. These are features I have not seen in any out. I am very happy with this because it's available to me at no cost and is very reliable.
Next level translating!
I love the latest update of Google Translate! The app automatically translates things in-screen. No more re-taking photos, selecting tiny text, repeatedly, in an effort to get good results. Now you can just adjust your phone and see results immediately on-screen. As an expat in Japan, this is a game-changer! I already used the app daily when grocery shopping and getting around town, and now it is even more quick and efficient. The app has steadily improved over the last three years, and I absolutely appreciate it! Thanks, Google!!!
When i was crossing the Mexican/U.S. border i had a lot of trouble reading the signs and i ended up back in mexico some how but , when i went to try again i used the google translation app , and i was able to use the camera translation feature and found my way to texas . I now work at a place called baris pizza as a dishwasher in pflugerville . Thank you google. (Used with google translate ) -reference
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jan 26, 2017
- Version: 5.5.1
- Size: 63.4 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2017 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.