By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• Text translation: Translate between 103 languages by typing
• Offline: Translate with no internet connection (52 languages)
• Instant camera translation: Translate text in images instantly by just pointing your camera (30 languages)
• Photos: Take or import photos for higher quality translations (37 languages)
• Conversations: Translate bilingual conversations on the fly (32 languages)
• Handwriting: Draw text characters instead of typing (93 languages)
• Phrasebook: Star and save translated words and phrases for future reference (all languages)
• Microphone for speech translation
• Camera for translating text via the camera
• Photos for importing photos from your library
Translations between the following languages are supported:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Corsican, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Frisian, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Kurdish (Kurmanji), Kyrgyz, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Scots Gaelic, Serbian, Sesotho, Shona, Sindhi, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Xhosa, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
What's New in Version 5.6.1
Several bug fixes and usability improvements
Love love love this app...currently planning a trip to Europe and I know it will come in handy....But it needs one tiny tiny fix. When in favorites it shows the translation but there needs to be a tag of what the language transition is i.e. "English to German" I know once in favorites you can click on a favorite and it will take you to a detailed page about that translation but I don't want to have to go through and find which "hello" I need. It needs to say right there in favorites. We will be in different countries and I need to have a quick reference. I have a few favorites but they are all mixed together. It would then be even better if I could group my favorites in specific folders i.e. German, French etc. So pretty please?!! Go google!!
I'm an American expat living in Brazil and I loved this app until recently! It use to work perfectly with no problems. You could speak into the app and it would translate almost perfectly every time. Now with the new update you speak into it and maybe 1 out of 10 times it will translate. Now it stops when it gets to a word it doesn't understand and bombs! Never translating. So if you are lucky you can copy what was spoken and paste it back into the translator you will get a translation. The typing translation works perfectly but the speak to translation is completely broken!
It's sad because it worked so well! Change it back please!!
Really helpful app!
I was looking for his coding website that my teacher gave us for school I accidentally typed it in wrong and brought me to a Korean coding website I was bored and home alone so I decided to figure out what it said I downloaded google translate I didn't know what language it was so I tried out Chinese and Japanese then I just drew the characters and it said it was Korean then I took a picture of it and found out what it said it was pretty cool definitely gonna fool around with it some more but so far really helpful
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Mar 02, 2017
- Version: 5.6.1
- Size: 64.5 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2017 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.