By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Break through language barriers with Google Translate.
• Translate 90 languages
• Converse naturally and let Google translate
• Translate with your voice, camera, keyboard or handwriting
• Star your favorite translations for quick access even when you’re offline
• View dictionary results for single words or phrases
Translations between the following languages are supported:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Sesotho, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
Novosibirsk Metro image by Wikipedia user Sskz, used per the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license, https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/.
What's New in Version 3.2.0
• Improved stability. Fixed crash bugs.
• Word Lens: Just point your camera to a sign or text and the Translate app will instantly translate the text, even without Internet/data connection. Currently available in: English ↔ French, English ↔ German, English ↔ Italian, English ↔ Portuguese, English ↔ Russian, English ↔ Spanish.
• Camera Mode: Snap a photo, highlight the text, and get a translation. Currently available in 36 languages.
• Automatic language detection in speech/conversation mode - start translating with speech input and Translate will recognize which of the two languages is being spoken, allowing you to have a more fluid conversation with another person.
Not as happy as before this update
Ever since the last big update, Google Translate has NOT been to it's previous quality translation. Sure, these new features are cool, but it constantly keeps giving me erroneous translations (i usually only type out what i want to know, not been using the new features) whereas before it was much more accurate. The hebrew-english translations used to be WAY better and the spanish-hebrew translstions have gotten so much worse. It's almost as if the spanish is translsting literally from english which oftentimes makes NO sense. Please please please, fix this!!! I used to swear by this app, now i turn to Morfix for hebrew translations. I still use GT for actual sentence translations but I can't rely on it too much. Just make it work as it did before, when it was way more accurate.
Hmm pretty good.
Sounds like EVIE or cleverbot but other wise it's ok.(the voice)
I still have to apply my own brain to figure out what language the text I copied then pasted actually is before translating it (so far) but this really helps...
Also I like the camera translate thing, that sounds cool but don't really have anything for it to look at...
I think it would be cool if you found something on the web (photo wise) that was in um, german or something and u couldn't understand it so you would take a photo go to google translate and "someway" you could put the photo on there and it would translate any and "all" words on there.. But I don't expect it to actually see all the words so highlight may be a good idea... Otherwise great app!
Edit- this just came to mind. Can you translate stuff (words,sentences,paragraphs while on the web or something, without having to go to the google translate app? That would be useful.. Especially if you can't copy and paste it... Just a little question/idea.
Very glitchy w/starred favorites
Selecting a saved(starred) word doesn't bring up the word I saved; instead random words come up that I have searched for in the past, but in the correct languages on top and bottom panel, and it goes to the 'home' screen, which means I then have to select the star icon on the bottom to get back to my saved words list then ref-find my word. However, if I navigate back to the starred words list, it is roughly in the same area of my desired word and if I select the same word a second time, it does bring up the correct word+translation. But very irritating and this has only happened with the most recent version, and it happens every time even after close app, soft reset & reinstall.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Feb 19, 2015
- Version: 3.2.0
- Size: 24.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hu, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Ko, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2015 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.