Exploring the world just got easier with Google Trips. Get activity suggestions based on what’s nearby, customizeable day plans, and your travel reservations from Gmail. Google Trips is even available offline, so you’ll always have your info when you need it.
For several hundred of the world’s top places, find popular day plans organized on a map that you can customize based on your interests and available time.
AUTOMATIC TRIP ORGANIZATION
Your travel reservations are automatically gathered from Gmail and organized into individual trips. Each trip contains day plans, things to do, food and drink suggestions, and more.
NEARBY THINGS TO DO
Find out when you’re near popular attractions (and whether they’re open) as well as reviews and ratings from other travelers. Every trip contains ideas for things to do automatically organized into useful categories like Nearby, Top Spots, and Indoors or Outdoors. For many of the world’s top places, you’ll get curated local suggestions and travel tips.
See your flight, hotel, rental car, and restaurant bookings in one place without having to search for them individually.
No Internet? No problem. Google Trips is available offline, so you’ll always have access to your info.
• Location: used to customize attraction suggestions such as “Nearby” and “Now” as well as for calculating the distance of attractions to the user.
• Add notes to places in lists.
• Manage trip and reservation notifications in settings.
• Updated maps design.
Ratings and Reviews
Good Concept but Needs Improment
I was excited to try out this APP, hoping this will be my one stop for all travel planning.
There are a few things I like: it pulls in reservations from gmail, provides basic info about my destinations, and allows me to save places to google map.
However, some improvements are seriously overdue, especially for the “Day Plans” feature:
1. Most recommended day plans are impractical by routing you back and forth in the city
2. Same goes for the magic wand feature - the results can be crazy
3. So I started to create my own day plan. That’s when things really go wild. Every time I add or remove a point of interest, the order of the route will be automatically reshuffled. Yes I can chose a new starting point, but that means more automatic shuffling. There is no way for me to plan my day to visit the places i choose, in the order I want.
4. When I click “edit” in a previously created day plan, it is automatically saved as a new plan, even if it is identical as the previous one. Please let me save the same plan.
5. Day plans customized on iPad do not show up on iPhone, although I log in using the same account
6. Not all attractions are available for day plan - they are on the map but there are no blue dots for those to be added to the plan
7. Some new reservations are not pulled in from gmail.
Please make this a better tool!
Save yourself the headache
By far the most frustrating app I've ever tried to use. I'm going somewhere I'm already familiar with but would like to plan my days. But none of places I want to go to are even listed. Turns out, you have to add them from the maps app. How'd I find this out? In the "help" option?! Nope. Only way to discover this is through frustration, trial, and error. Then, when I want to add those places to plan my day, they just sit there as saved places. You can tap on them and get info, even get a blue pin. But none of them can be added to your day. Then when you try to just let the app decide what to do, it limits you to a couple of entirely impractical options. So just unpin and select a new one, huh? "Sorry, this cannot be removed from your day." Really? You're gonna force me to go to the children's museum? As an app, you can do that? I can't go to my grandma's house but by all means, tell me what my day *should* look like. I trust you implicitly, pointless app. Ugh, such a waste of time.
Not for non-vacation travelers
I’ve only installed the app for about ten minutes so bear in mind I haven’t tried many of the features. For vacation planning, it might be okay. But for someone traveling regularly to familiar cities (not just for business), there are far two many distractions.
There are far too many clicks involved to see itinerary details. This is essentially why I won’t continue looking at the app. I love the Trips feature built into Google Inbox and thought this would be an extension of that but Google Inbox actually provides a better view of the itinerary than Trips. And both pale in comparison to TripIt which this app inspired me to revisit after relying on Inbox only for the last year or so. Maybe if this were called Google Vacations I’d be less disappointed. But it’s been nice reviewing my old trips in TripIt because of this app so I can’t fault it too much.
- Google, Inc.
- 92.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Google Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.