By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Voice gives you a free phone number for calling, text messaging, and voicemail. It works on smartphones and computers, and syncs across your devices so you can use the app while on the go or at home.
You’re in control
Forward calls, text messages, and voicemail to any of your devices, and get spam filtered automatically. Block numbers you don’t want to hear from.
Backed up and searchable
Calls, text messages, and voicemails are stored and backed up to make it easy for you to search your history.
Chat in groups, with photos
Send group texts and share photos instantly.
Your voicemail, transcribed
Google Voice provides free voicemail transcriptions that you can read in the app or have sent to your email.
Cheap international calling
Make international calls at competitive rates without using your mobile data.
Keep in mind:
• Google Voice is currently only available in the US
• All calls made using Google Voice for iPhone use the standard minutes from your cell phone plan
• Calls are placed through a US-based Google Voice access number, which may incur costs (e.g. when traveling internationally)
What's New in Version 2.3
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
• Delete an entire message conversation (open a conversation -> press three dots menu -> Delete)
• Access "Do not disturb" more easily, disable the feature in any screen without going to Settings
• Copy voicemail transcriptions and share images from your conversation easily
• Save a tap -- the app will now remember the last tab when being relaunched
Great in principle; significant quibbles
The idea of Google Voice -- the portable number that rings on multiple phones (in my case my office phone and my mobile phone, mostly) -- is great. This app implements it in a way with issues. My biggest issues:
1) No favorites list: I have to search through my entire contacts list to find my most-called numbers.
2) Contacts list doesn't follow phone's sorting preferences. I prefer to sort by last name and have the phone set to sort the native contacts app and phone address book that way. Google Voice neither follows that global preference nor allows me to set it that way, instead sorting by first name with each number getting its own entry.
3) Frequently, the app asks me which of my device phone numbers it should be associated with. Each time I do so, it turns off text message forwarding. I want to keep text message forwarding on, so this is qutie annoying. (I'm fairly often in a remote area in which SMSs often get through but data doesn't, so if the app turns off SMS forwarding, I lose the ability to receive texts at all.)
Items 1 and 3 were not issues in older versions of the app; Google has chosen to make the interface less functional.
Hit or miss
I use this for my work number and has worked great up until about 2 months ago. Now it's a 50/50 guess on whether or not it will answer when I press "1" on an incoming call. Most times it keeps repeating press 1 to answer or 2 to send to VM and then it just sends to VM because it will not answer no matter how many times I press 1.
Recently within the past month it now un-syncs my number and I don't know this until I try to call someone and it says I need to sync the app to a number. The past improvements have made the app worse and has taken steps backwards in improvements.
I think the upgrades are getting awsome each time
But what would really help best is instead of opening a chat to delete it. It'll be nice if theres a select button to delete mutliple or a series of logs and calls instead of tirely doing so singularly. Other than that, keep up the great updates!!!! Fannatic google user! 😃
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 09, 2017
- Version: 2.3
- Size: 72.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2017 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.