By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Google Voice gives you a free phone number for calling, text messaging, and voicemail. It works on smartphones and computers, and syncs across your devices so you can use the app while on the go or at home.
You’re in control
Forward calls, text messages, and voicemail to any of your devices, and get spam filtered automatically. Block numbers you don’t want to hear from.
Backed up and searchable
Calls, text messages, and voicemails are stored and backed up to make it easy for you to search your history.
Chat in groups, with photos
Send group texts and share photos instantly.
Your voicemail, transcribed
Google Voice provides free voicemail transcriptions that you can read in the app or have sent to your email.
Cheap international calling
Make international calls at competitive rates without using your mobile data.
Keep in mind:
• Google Voice is currently only available in the US
• All calls made using Google Voice for iPhone use the standard minutes from your cell phone plan
• Calls are placed through a US-based Google Voice access number, which may incur costs (e.g. when traveling internationally)
What's New in Version 2.10
- Google contacts are now displayed in search results
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Badges syncing needs work
Notifications really are not well handled in this app. When you receive a notification you are dropped into the notification but the badge and the app doesn't handle this action, to dismiss the badge you must exit the message and drill down into it a second time.
Notifications syncing is worse than any other app I've used.
SiriKit integration missing, so you can't say Siri send a google voice message to contact. Oops! This could have really given the app much wanted integration.
GoogleVoice works well but I miss the favorites / quick calls menu already and you can't ask Siri to use google voice to dial a contact :( so much potential!
Every update makes me sadder.
Every update I used to wonder if we were going to get voip support back since Google moved Google Voice off hangouts. CallKit powered Google Voice VOIP is a thing I’ve longed for for over a year.
Now every update I hope the app will fill the screen on my iPhone X. Maybe in a years time I’ll give up on that too?
Voicemail, Call Forwarding
Best part of Google Voice is that it makes it easy to carry multiple phones. Communicate like a dealer or a player!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 17, 2017
- Version: 2.10
- Size: 80.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2017 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.