By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Google Wifi app lets you set up and control your Google Wifi points or OnHub right from your mobile device. It puts you in control of your network -- easily share your Wi-Fi password, see what devices are online, prioritize them for better performance, or pause the Wi-Fi on kids’ devices. The app also provides insights to help you get the most out of your Wi-Fi.
Here’s what you can do with the Google Wifi app:
• Set up your Google Wifi system or OnHub in just a few minutes
• Prioritize a device for faster speeds when it matters most
• Pause the Wi-Fi on kids’ devices
• See what’s connected to your network and how much bandwidth you’re using
• Create a separate network for your guests
• Run a network check to test your connection speed
• Make changes to your settings, such as your Wi-Fi network name and password
• Add a network manager who can help you monitor your Wi-Fi
What's New in Version 2.4.6
IPv6: Enable IPv6 on your Google Wifi.
Wi-Fi Pause: We’ll alert you if you’re about to pause your own device.
Improvements to network check results
Wifi Pause Status Broken
We have 7 schedules with 20+ devices setup in the app. They all seem to be working and pausing the internet at the appropriate times (good) but the app always now says they are not paused (bad). It's very hard to know if the schedules are actually working without checking all the devices which is impractical. Also it would be great if I could temporarily enable the internet for a device that would stay in effect until the next schedule change. Currently I have to disable the schedule or remove the label from the schedule to create an exception and unfortunately these changes are permanent and I have to remember to restore them later. Temporary exceptions for a specific device would solve most of these issues.
Thank goodness! Finally a wifi set up that is quick and painless. Thank you google! App made the instructions super easy to follow
First day: app works well.
Could use a 3D Touch shortcut to launch into network testing from the home screen.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Aug 23, 2017
- Version: 2.4.6
- Size: 64.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2015 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.