Google app — Search made just for mobile
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The best of Google in one app. Say “Ok Google” and find everything from nearby restaurants to the calories in cheesecake. Google also shows you the info you need before you ask, like updates on your favorite teams and traffic alerts.
Talk instead of type:
• Say “Ok Google” then ask a question*
• Google will speak the answer aloud
Ask Google to help you do things:
• “What are good restaurants nearby?”
• “Where is my package?”
Personalize your feed and get notifications:
• Start your morning with weather, news & traffic
• Get updates on sports, movies & events
More about the Google app: http://www.google.com/search/about
* requires iPhone 4s or later
What's New in Version 22.0.0
• Watch Youtube videos right in your feed — instantly play YouTube videos from cards in your feed. No need to open a new web page or the YouTube app.
• See rates and booking info in search results for hotels
• Open restaurant menus instantly from restaurant search results; no need to load an external web page.
Customized keyboards and auto correct that work!!!
Ok! I've only been using Gboard for a couple of days. So far I really like it. The auto correct actually works, which is great. I really love the fact that there are themes for the keyboard. I've tried numerous apps trying to customize my keyboard and none ever work. Apple should have had an update a long time ago that allowed us iPhone users to change our keyboards like androids users. So my next suggestion is to create some more themes. I can think of multiple different categories you could offer to keep things interesting. Google did something Apple couldn't that ice been waiting on and because of that this is now my default keyboard. Hopefully Apple takes the hilt and realizes what some more of their more simple consumers want considering the money we spend. Good job Google!!
Great App GOOGLE PLEASE READ
The app works surprisingly well on iOS. I have a Nexus fone as well and do not see much functional difference.
This a general comment across all platforms. I would very much like to be able to edit the order that interests are presented. For instance, I have a few sports teams in which I selected I am interested. I get scrolls and scrolls of sports news before I get the "time to home" (love this), weather, or meaningful news.
In addition, I would appreciate the option to select the volume of any given topic in which I'm interested in receiving. I love my Pistons, but I don't need video highlights, etc. of every game (ditto for any team I select). It would be nice to be able see only league standings / ranking (does not seem possible) rather multiple teams.
Lastly, and this would seem to tie into Google News, it would be nice to have the option to exclude news outlets. With apologies to my ultra conservative friends, The Blaze and Brietbart are not news outlets...
Must-Have App Despite Minor Dictation Issues
This app will cut you off in the middle of your dictated query, or remain listening long after you are done speaking. The workaround is simple enough: tap the query field once to bring up the keyboard and use Apple Dictation for your query.
Despite this minor issue, this is still an must-have app that deserves to be on the front page of your mobile device.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 03, 2017
- Version: 22.0.0
- Size: 176 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2016 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.