The Google app keeps you in the know about things that matter to you. Find quick answers, explore your interests, and stay up to date with Discover. The more you use the Google app, the better it gets.
Search and browse:
• Nearby shops and restaurants
• Live sports scores and schedules
• Movies times, casts, and reviews
• Videos and images
• News, stock information, and more
• Anything you’d find on the web
Get personalized updates in Discover:
• Stay in the know about topics that interest you
• Start your morning with weather and top news
• Get real-time updates on sports, movies, and events
• Know as soon as your favorite artists drop new albums
• Get stories about your interests and hobbies
• Follow interesting topics, right from Search results
More ways to access Google:
• iMessage extension — Search and share restaurants, GIFs, and more, without leaving your conversation.
• Search Google extension — While browsing in Safari, you can share a web page with Google to see suggestions for related content—no need to type anything new in the search box. Tap on the Search Google icon from Safari’s share menu to get started.
• Gboard — access Google Search, right from your keyboard. Gboard is a keyboard that lets you search and send information, GIFs, emoji, and more—right from your keyboard, in any app. Tap “Gboard” in your app settings to get started.
• Trending on Google widget — find out what’s trending in your area with our Trending on Google widget.
Learn more about what the Google app can do for you: http://www.google.com/search/about
Your feedback helps us create products you'll love. Join a user research study here:
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
We are always working to make the app faster and more stable. If you are enjoying the app, please consider leaving a review or rating!
Ratings and Reviews
Bad form giving me spoilers without a warning
I have used the google app for a long time. One of the main reason i use it these days is for the news stories it offers in an easy to read format that are relevant to me and my interests. Recently I noticed the news stories popping up being repetitive, unwanted, and often times inappropriate. I used to be able to swipe to get rid of news stories and I can no longer do that. As silly as it seems, that is extremely annoying. The stories tend to revolve around a topic I may have looked up once and not something I would like to be updated on constantly. Often I’ll read a story only to find it persisting in the feed. I’ll say that I’m not interested in that type of news story only to find it again only labeled under a different “subject”. Most recently it offered a story that offered spoilers on a show I’ve been following. What algorithms google uses to show my stories needs to change. I am close to deleting the app just because of frivolous reasons.
Update: I deleted the app because I hid the SAME STORY 5 times and it kept popping up. I was tired of google forcing me to read what they thought was important rather than what was truly interesting to me.
Love My Google
I’m a 72 woman and I believe Google has drastically improved my life. I was born with an imperfect memory and ADHD, which damaged my self-esteem. As a result, I never had the courage to take my first college course until I was 31 years old. Then, I absolutely fell in LOVE with learning. When I learned to use computers and discovered Google, I used to excitedly tell anyone with a question, JUST GOOGLE IT!!! I said this long before hearing that as a common phrase. I often tell friends that I received a Master’s Degree via Google. I love the instant knowledge. While reading a book, and don’t know what an author is describing, I Google it, giving me not only a definition, but a visual IMAGE as well. I could give countless examples of why I love Google, including the ease of using Google Maps to find most any location. Combining Google with my iPhone has truly enriched the quality of my life. They are my favorite inventions since the washing machine!!!
I liked this app, not so much now
This was a great app, and I used it frequently to search for anything I needed to know quickly. Now, with the new updates, it’s made it harder for me to look up my recent search history and redirects me to all these webpages I looked at. I don’t want to to see that, I just want to know the term I searched and then decide what pages I want to look at. I wish it would just go back to how it was originally. It seems with every update, the app just because less and less efficient. It was fine, then the updates made it worse. It’s harder to eliminate pages that I’m not interested in from the stories section. Before, I could just swipe and the page/ topic wouldn’t be recommended to me anymore. If it’s working, why does it need to be fixed?
Now, when I delete my history it deletes all my recent app history as well. It never did that before. I lost all my recent searches. I also don’t understand why it only saves some of the app’s search history and not others. This only started happening when the app was “updated”. This update is even more terrible than I thought.
- Google LLC
- 248 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Google Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.