By DART/The T/DCTA
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Introducing GoPass, the all-in-one transit tool that is like having a travel-sized tour guide at your side. GoPass is the easy way to buy transit passes for DART, The T, the TRE and DCTA -- right on your phone!
You can also plan trips, get next bus or train times and find out what’s happening in DFW.
GoPass is your complete travel tool. The app is so easy to setup and use -- you’ll never buy a paper ticket again.
- Mobile Ticketing – Purchase passes and hold tickets for up to 60 days.
- Digital Wallet – Store multiple credit cards for convenient purchasing.
- Password Protection – Protects from purchases without your knowledge.
- Proof of Payment – Works just like any other transit pass and includes a bar code on the back that fare enforcement or bus operators can scan.
- Quick Buy – Perfect for when you just need one ticket and want some of the most popular options from DART, The T and DCTA.
- All Tickets – Provides all ticketing options and allows you to buy more than one pass.
- My Tickets – Shows all your tickets at a glance, including not yet activated, active and expired.
- Travel Tools – Make going places easy. The trip planner gives you several choices -- just pick the one that’s most convenient!
- Trip History – Store your 10 most recent trip plans for reference.
- Where’s My Train – Know exactly when a train is coming to a rail platform near you!
- Where’s My Bus?® – Tells you when the next bus is going to arrive at your stop.
- Events & Offers – Learn about fun events and activities that you can get to on transit and take advantage of select offers.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
"Connect 2 Car" option links your DART trip with vehicle-for-hire services, now including Lyft and Zipcar
Works great for me
I was scared by all the negative reviews, but since I’m a senior and only had to risk $1.25, why not give it a try. I am an occasional visitor to Dallas and use DART to get to and from the airports. The app took only a few minutes to set up and worked flawlessly for me.
Now I can buy a ticket ahead and activate it within 60 days. No longer do I have to wander around a station looking for the vending machine then dig out cash or a card and read and correctly follow unfamiliar instructions to buy my ticket. It saves some time and is a nice convenience. I like it better than what has been available to me as an occasional public transportation user in several other cities (e.g. Minneapolis, London, Savannah, New York). Thanks.
No Issues - No Worry
This app is easy to use and very convenient! It takes a lot of effort/worry out making sure you have your pass before boarding for a commute!
On another note: I recommend DART committing this app to GoPass only... And creating a separate app for trip routing & scheduling. That needs a lot of work on it's own. I use a different app for trip routing (not from DART) for that & it's almost painless, so I can't comment on this app's ability to plan trips or provide schedule info. However, I do think DART & it's customers would benefit most if DART had it's own, non-problematc trip routing/schedule app.
I downloaded the app so I could ride the train to my new job at DFW from Garland. I purchased the monthly pass, and so far, no issues with it, other than:
1. The schedule portion is not easy to use. You should be able to put in your start/final destination, desired arrival time, and it provide you the shortest/quickest travel time, transfer points, train and bus routes. It doesn't do this, but it should, and wouldn't be difficult to do.
2. It should allow you to scan any ticket, pass, reduced fare identification etc. and upload it into the app, for a easier, simplified way of keeping everything in one location (or upload and attach a photo).
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Oct 23, 2015
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 19.7 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Dallas Area Rapid Transit
- © DART/The T/DCTA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.