A better way to pay and ride.
GoPass is the all-in-one travel tool that is like having a travel-sized tour guide at your side. GoPass is the easy way to buy transit passes for DART, Trinity Metro and DCTA – right on your phone! GoPass is so easy to setup and use – you’ll never buy a paper ticket again!
- Mobile ticketing which allows you to purchase passes and store them for up to 60 days.
- Real-time trip planning with step-by-step navigation.
- Digital GoPass Wallet allowing you to store multiple credit cards or utilize Apple Pay for convenient purchasing.
- Cash to mobile option allowing you to load cash to your GoPass Wallet at retail locations.
- Personalize the app by saving your favorite routes, stops and pass types.
- Profile and payment protection including PIN verification and touch ID.
- Ability to send feedback directly from the app.
• The newest version of GoPass, puts the best travel options and trip-planning tools at your fingertips, whether you're traveling by bus, train or GoLink.
• Locate an available Bird scooter on our Trip Planning map. Choose a scooter and then link to the Bird app to complete your trip.
• Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
GoPass has high ambitions but comes up short.
It works well as fare payment tool. Its navigation features are a mess:
—Busses on the street are often not shown in the app. This may be a function of technical problems outside of GoPass (e.g., nonfunctional GPS unit), but it is chronic.
—The next bus feature is inconsistent—sometimes buses in immediate vicinity are shown, sometimes not.
—The arrival time predictions are unreliable. Often buses are shown as arriving a couple minutes before schedule; inevitably, they arrive on or, more typically, behind schedule.
—The feature where you tap on next bus to get exact location on a map often doesn’t work.
—GoPass and Google Maps information for same bus line can be inconsistent.
—GoPass navigation recommendations are more “conservative” than Google Maps recommendations. GoPass seems to overlook options that involve vehicles 5-10 minutes away, which increases predicted trip times.
All these things undermine the effectiveness of GoPass for customers. This is unfortunate given GoPass’ ambitions to be a high quality and effective app for public transportation customers in DFW region. With time, hopefully GoPass will improve.
Boarding is Easier
Expedited tickets for DFW transportation in a jiffy!
This APP really works fast, convenient without the hassle of finding a ticket vending machine or human interaction. Hopefully in due time a few things should be considered ie: Instead of 1 DAY PASS or 31DAYS PASS....The options MUST change to allow flexibility.
I travel 50% due to work and some days I’ll ride the train 3xs a week, this mobile APP only has 1 day pass because of this I have to purchase tickets every morning for the TRE.
There a few SERVER issues on the train that complicates the purchasing process on the APP.
I love it because it certainly makes my traveling easier.
NEVER download this. They sell DAY PASSES that you can only use for 3 hours.
So I bought a Trinity Metro Local Day Pass through GoPass. I activated it with the assumption that my ticket wont expire til after 24 hours upon activating it. Then guess what- it started counting down 3 hours and 20 minutes until it expires. How dumb and misleading, no information whatsoever regarding the passes. You’d think the genius who thought of making day passes would let you use the ticket for an entire day instead of 1/8 of the day but no, GO PASS had to rip you off your 5 dollars and that’s how they get you. Never get your tickets here and don’t even waste your time downloading this piece of disaster.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.