QuickBooks GoPayment: POS Credit Card Reader
By Intuit Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Plug your card reader into your iPhone or iPad and take credit cards quickly and securely. And a card reader isn’t even required. You can always scan a card with your camera, or key in the card details directly.
ACCEPT CHIP CARDS WITH THE NEW EMV CARD READER*
Instead of swiping, dip the chip! If your customer gives you a chip card, use the EMV card reader and insert the card in the back slot. You can still swipe non-chip cards in the front slot of the reader.
GET PAID QUICKLY … ANYWHERE, ANYTIME
Your customer signs right on your device to authorize the payment. Then you can email or text a receipt to your customer. Accepting a payment takes just a few taps from start to finish.
DO IT YOUR WAY
- Customize your receipts to include your logo, store info, social media links, and a personalized message.
- Add a list of items you frequently sell, including prices, descriptions, and photos. Then create quick orders from your items or enter custom amounts.
- Make it easy for customers to include a tip on a credit card payment.
- What if your customer doesn’t have their credit card handy? Tap in cash or check transactions to record them.
RUN YOUR BUSINESS
- Add up to 50 users to accept payments on behalf of your business.
- Use the online service center to accept, refund, or review credit card transactions.
- Track daily and weekly sales goals on your Apple Watch, and track the time of day you make the most sales.
- Enjoy safe, encrypted credit card processing.
- Sync transactions to QuickBooks for hassle-free small business bookkeeping.
- Build trust with your customers by using tools from the leader in small business financial management software.
Choose a plan that works for you:
- No monthly fees with rates from 2.4%
- $20.00 month with rates from 1.6%
- No monthly minimums, hidden fees, setup or cancellation charges.
- Rates include these card types:
Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
TAKE 3 EASY STEPS TO GET STARTED
1 - Download the free GoPayment app.
2 - Complete the application.
3 - Get approved.
You’re good to go! You can start accepting credit card payments even before your card reader arrives.
HOW TO ACCEPT PAYMENTS
Accepting credit cards is a snap. You can take Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover cards.
1 – Enter the charge amount.
2 – Insert, swipe, scan, or key in credit card info.
3 – Have your customer sign on your device to authorize payment.
4 – Send receipts through email or text. Payment arrives in your bank account in 2-3 business days.
*GET YOUR CARD READER
The EMV mobile card reader is available for purchase at http://quickbooks.intuit.com/payments/emv-reader
The free mobile card reader is available to new, approved mobile payments customers only.
CARD READER REQUIREMENTS
Works with Apple devices running iOS 8 and higher.
If you have any trouble with your card reader, you can still accept credit cards by scanning cards or keying in card details.
http://security.intuit.com/privacy to learn how Intuit protects your privacy.
What's New in Version 8.2.0
- Support for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Minor bug fixes
Lacks basic features
The basic functionality of this app is okay. Working with items (creating, grouping, using for purchases) works well. I like that you can add pictures and can give discounts to items or whole transactions.
We are now looking for a new merchant service based on app functionality. Here's what GoPayment is missing or needs improved:
- Cash and check transactions do not flow through to the website. So my accounting team has to log into the app on their phone, scroll through the transactions, find cash/check transactions, and manually enter them into QuickBooks.
- App does not track transactions by user. We have multiple salespeople. In order to track sales for commission purposes, we have to write the salesperson initials in the memo.
- Salespeople can't turn off tax. If we do a nontaxable sale, a manager has to turn off tax for all users, then turn it back on when the transaction is complete. Alternatively, we have to give the salesperson the Manager role, but then they can make too many changes for all users.
- Transactions don't import to QuickBooks well. The customer info and selected items to come across, so we have to manually enter transactions.
Step up your game, Intuit!
Better than basic, does what I need and more
I have been pretty happy with the solutions this app offers. Using multiple devices works well, except for some hiccups on managing items. No other problems, and note not every business will want to preload all of their items. Runs quickly and smoothly, even with older (grey) card readers. I use it for cash transactions add well to calculate sales tax and document transactions.
Great App, but Batches slow!
Title says it all.
I have been using go payment for years, and have been happy with most of the software updates. Two updates ago, batching slowed way down or sometimes not at all , according to the online merchant services account screen. As a businessman, knowing that there is cash flow happening on my account is of huge importance. I hope the Inuit team addresses this issue soon.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Oct 03, 2016
- Version: 8.2.0
- Size: 104 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Intuit Inc.
- © Intuit Inc. 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.