By GoPro, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Control. View. Share.
The GoPro App makes it easy to control your camera remotely, and gives you instant access to the GoPro Channel to watch the best GoPro videos from across the globe. Get full remote control of all camera functions. Preview shots and play back content. Mark key moments while recording with HiLight Tag.* Share your favorite photos and videos via email, text, Facebook, Twitter and more.**
• Watch the GoPro Channel and get your fix of the best GoPro videos from across the globe
• Get full remote control of all camera functions
• See what your camera sees with live preview for easy shot-framing
• Mark key moments while recording with HiLight Tag*
• View HiLight Tags in your GoPro Camera Roll for easy playback of your video highlights*
• Play back your videos** and view your photos
• Copy photos and videos** to your device, then share via email, text, Facebook, Twitter or other app
• Browse and delete files on the camera’s microSD card
• View the GoPro Photo of the Day
• Wirelessly update your camera software***
• Wirelessly update your camera Wi-Fi network name and password
• HERO3 (requires camera software update, see gopro.com/update)
• HERO+ LCD
• HD HERO2 with Wi-Fi BacPac™ (requires camera software update, see gopro.com/update)
Questions? Contact GoPro Customer Support at gopro.com/contact. For a directory of Customer Support phone numbers by country, visit gopro.com/support/telephone-numbers.
* Compatible with HERO4 cameras only. HiLight Tags are not viewable on iPad.
** Compatible with videos captured in select modes only.
*** Compatible with HERO4 and HERO3+ cameras only.
What's New in Version 2.8
• Hero4 Session compatibility
• Bug fixes
A step in the right direction
Okay so I've only been playing around with it for a couple of hours but it appears to be working much better than previous versions. I was also able to download the new fw for my hero 4 Black. I guess I was on the old one the whole time, that could have made a difference as well. I think my biggest pain point is that the preview won't work sometimes. Not often, but enough to mention. The first is when I select my camera in the choose a device screen, the spinner just sits there! The only way around that is to close the app unfortunately. The other is when I'm actually in the preview screen but it's black! No preview. The good news for that one, all you need to do is go back to the home screen and start it again. That usually fixes it. I also like to point out that the new iOS update (8.4) had some major bug fixes against their wifi configuration, so maybe that helped the interaction between my gopro and phone as well.
Thanks guys! Please continue doing what you're doing.
High Res Downloads are fixed
Update: This release fixes the high-res download option that was lost in the previous 2 app updates.
Everything else seems to be working fine as well for me. Knowing how broken these updates can now be I will turn off "auto-update" and hold onto this version. If you like the version you have I suggest doing the same. No need to risk accidentally downloading a busted version.
Fix the artifacts and bugs
Few issues with this app. First, I'm getting artifacts in many of my downloaded videos. The source footage is fine, as I do not see this issue when the footage is downloaded to my computer. Second, some videos will not download in high-res unless you restart and select the same video...then, magically, you can download them in high res.
Overall, it's an ambitious app...but too buggy to rely on.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jul 06, 2015
- Version: 2.8
- Size: 52.9 MB
- Languages: English, German, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: GoPro, Inc.
- © 2015 GoPro
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.