With "Go Quest" you can play the ancient board game of Go online with people around the world.
Go Quest was recently featured in "Go Focus", a weekly go TV program and now it's played by lots of players of all levels from beginners to pros.
Since the author of Go Quest started this project as a beginner, this app is created to be simple and beginner friendly.
Other features of Go Quest.
- You can start playing online immediately after download.
- It's free.
- Player's strength is rated by the popular Dan-Kyu system as well as more statistically accurate ELO-rating system.
- You can choose between 9x9, 13x13 and 19x19 board.
- When game ends (by 2-consecutive passes), the result is automatically decided according to the Chinese rules.
Enjoy free online game of Go (Igo/Baduk/Weiqi)!
- Minor fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but needs time warning
Go Quest has a good concept of focusing on human to human matches and its rating system has both a point rank and a Kyu level, which is nice. The interface of the gameplay is easy to use.
I even stopped playing Clash Royals because of this app!
However, I really would like to see some changes:
1) add warnings when the time runs below 30 secs and 10 secs. There have been too many times when I was winning but then lose a game on time
2) make the “My Page” easier to navigate. The arrows are confusing and I have no clue what each thing leads to unless I click through all of them.
3) this is minor, but the app initially looks like it’s a personal project and not a company-made product. I think if there is a little polishing done, it would really increase the number of users.
But overall, it’s one of the best go apps out there and I highly recommend! (As long as the time issue gets resolved)
Excellent for quick games on small boards
GoQuest seems to always have plenty of players of all skill levels waiting to play at any time. The UI is easy to use. I've significantly improved at 9x9 go from GoQuest.
Incredible for a free app
This is a fantastic mobile Go game - it controls all options (Komi, time, territory, etc.) and gears it towards quick and fair play. Easy to find a game at any time. All around great app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.