With goREACT, you can become a virtual chemist. Whether you're a novice or expert, the free play and guided modes make it fun and fascinating.
- Initiate nearly 300 virtual chemical reactions by dragging elements into the Reaction Area.
- Amazing images and videos illustrate the molecules you create.
- Select alternate views of the Periodic Table to discover different aspects of the elements’ chemical properties.
- Touch any of the Periodic Table's 118 elements to see an image and fun fact about it.
- With helpful hints about reactions to try, there’s always something exciting to explore.
- “Featured Reactions” menus guide you through themed sets of chemical reactions related to particular applications, such as the environment, beauty products or cars.
- Learn more about how the Periodic Table is organized, and follow links to additional educational resources.
We've added support for iOS 11 and the latest awesome Apple devices. Plus we've fixed some bugs with reactions, and updated the periodic table to be up to date with the latest elements!
Ratings and Reviews
Would be 5 stars... except one thing.
I love this app but I'm a slight bit dyslexic and when I mix reactions the information pop up doesn't stay on long enough for me to read. Very frustrating having to redo the reaction to try and read the rest of what it was telling me.
Please change the pop up prompts from timed to manual. Meaning you have to click an X or something to close the pop up. This might be annoying to some, but you can make a toggle on/off option in settings or something.
Other than that, 5 stars.
goREACT is a very useful app. I have 3 suggestions: 1. Display reaction on the same page. 2. Include organic reactions such as sugars. 3. Allow multiple elements to be moved at once by prompting for the number needed. My 6th grade son will love this app. I will show him when he is released from school. Thank you for your creative and informational app.
Zirconyl hydroxyl chloride should be ZrOHCl not ZrOCl as listed in the app. Screen shots of the compound names are the only way to actually read all of the name. This is a work-around, but it would be better to have a tap screen remove the information instead of a quick flash to read.
- Museum of Science and Industry
- 48.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.