By Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With goREACT, you can become a virtual chemist. Whether you're a novice or expert, the free play and guided modes make it fun and fascinating.
- Initiate nearly 300 virtual chemical reactions by dragging elements into the Reaction Area.
- Amazing images and videos illustrate the molecules you create.
- Select alternate views of the Periodic Table to discover different aspects of the elements’ chemical properties.
- Touch any of the Periodic Table's 118 elements to see an image and fun fact about it.
- With helpful hints about reactions to try, there’s always something exciting to explore.
- “Featured Reactions” menus guide you through themed sets of chemical reactions related to particular applications,such as the environment, beauty products or cars.
- Learn more about how the Periodic Table is organized, and follow links to additional educational resources.
What's New in Version 1.0.8
Strontium and Yttrium's atomic numbers are now correct!
Would be 5 stars... except one thing.
I love this app but I'm a slight bit dyslexic and when I mix reactions the information pop up doesn't stay on long enough for me to read. Very frustrating having to redo the reaction to try and read the rest of what it was telling me.
Please change the pop up prompts from timed to manual. Meaning you have to click an X or something to close the pop up. This might be annoying to some, but you can make a toggle on/off option in settings or something.
Other than that, 5 stars.
goREACT is a very useful app. I have 3 suggestions: 1. Display reaction on the same page. 2. Include organic reactions such as sugars. 3. Allow multiple elements to be moved at once by prompting for the number needed. My 6th grade son will love this app. I will show him when he is released from school. Thank you for your creative and informational app.
goREACT is a very helpful app
goREACT is a very helpful app. There's just one thing – terbium's atomic symbol is Tb, not Td. I took a periodic table quiz, and had it not been for last-minute studying from my science textbook, I would have gotten that wrong. Please fix this problem.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 03, 2014
- Version: 1.0.8
- Size: 40.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Museum of Science and Industry
- © 2013 Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.