Gorilla Band 3D story book with music - Wasabi Productions
By Wasabi Productions
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**Listed by Apple as a 'New & Noteworthy' app**
**Awarded QED Seal of Approval for 'Quality, Excellence, Design' from the Digital Book World Awards, 2014**
#1 iPad Book (Australia) & ranked in 153 app stores globally at launch.
"Another interactive tale with a musical theme swings into young readers hearts" - Digital Storytime
"The 3D type graphics as well as teaching about music are dazzling!" - AppyMall
"Teachers With Apps hasn't seen kids this excited about a new app in quite some time! And they have every right to be, this app is spectacular - an absolutely adorable storybook with endearing characters." - TeachersWithApps
Building on the success & scenery of Ten Giggly Gorillas, which was 1 of just 5 finalists in the kids app category at the Publishing Innovation Awards in 2013 and awarded a QED seal of approval for Quality, Excellence, Design. Gorilla Band showcases an immersive, 3D jungle-world where cute gorillas learn to play various instruments and form a band.
Crafted with touch screens in mind, this story invites readers to play an active role in the narrative, delivering a sensory experience that is deeply engaging, entertaining and educational for early readers. Sure to delight and entertain for hours!
* Dazzling 3D world and effects
* Read myself or ‘Read to me’ options with text highlighting
* Delay interactions option so kids enjoy the words first
* Bonus studio section which helps children identify instruments by sound and name
* Bonus interactions and surprises on every page
* Evocative Aussie bush sound effects
* 2 original soundtracks (1 upbeat and 1 for bedtime)
* World class standards in family-friendliness
* Parental controls
* Watch our video preview here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsiFL6SU6r0
* See the Gorilla Band Dance or ‘do the GBD’ here:
Educational benefits aligned with Core Knowledge Curriculum and many Common Core Standards, including
- Development of phonological awareness, recognition of rhyme and text directionality
- Development of emergent literacy
- Practice with fine motor coordination
- Practice with gross motor coordination (Gorilla Band Dance)
- Recognize instruments by sight and sound including guitar, piano, trumpet, flute, violin and drum
- Stimulate imagination
Designed for preschoolers through kindergarten (2-6 years) to enjoy with their parents, grandparents or teachers.
If you like Gorilla Band, please tell your friends and support us by leaving a review <3
- To share feedback or get help with any issues, please email us at email@example.com
- Stay up to date with news of promotions and new releases - sign up or visit us at: www.wasabipro.com
- Like us on Facebook, www.facebook.com/wasabipro
- Follow us on Twitter @wasabipro
- Add us to your circles on Google+
Wasabi Productions is a member of Parents With Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly app developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
What's New in Version 1.3
This version is flagged to be part of the new iOS kids category! Updates include:
- Minor bug fixes for earlier versions of iOS
- Update to rate the app so it is easier to do so
- Update to hints page information
If you enjoy Gorilla Band, please tell your friends and support us by leaving a review :)
This app is really cute. There's an interactive story line about a gorilla band. The reader has to tap various gorillas to get them to play in the band, and a cute little song is included at the end. Children can choose to be read to or read it themselves. One feature that's really nice is the "3 second feature." For the parent information and outside links, users have to hold the button for at least 3 seconds before the app will respond to the request. I read that this is so students can't visit anything they're not supposed to. :) You can also make sure students listen to all the words before moving on the next part. Love that, too! In the "extras" portion, you can play in the "gorilla band studio." This is a fun way for students to practice instrument recognition. I'm definitely recommending this to the music teacher at my school...I think she'll love it!
Instructional Tech Specialsi
Have I got a story to tell! I came across this app through a community and decided to download it for my grandchildren to get them to test it before recommending it to teachers. Well, we listened to the adorable story and was able to "poke" at each request. My 5 year old and 3 year old were mesmerized from the get go! as if that was not enough, they begged for it to be placed on their own iPad when they went home. The next day, my daughter called me telling me that she can't possibly get that song out of the house. They sang it over and over acting it out! Thanks alot Mom, she said. Anything to make those grandkids smile! I recommend it to all children of all ages. Great stuff"
My almost 3 year-old has enjoyed this app and chooses it often when he has time on the iPad. It tells the story of a gorilla band, player by player. I like that we can either choose to have the story read to us or choose to read it by ourselves. The music is fun and engaging, and the characters are realistic looking.
I teach 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders at an independent school, and I have not chosen to add this app to the image for our cart of iPads simply because I think it would lose its novelty after being used once or twice by the children before being forgotten.
That being said, I do like having it as an option for literacy, music, and engagement on my home device. Thank you, Wasabi Productions!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Sep 13, 2013
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 50.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Wasabi Productions Pty Ltd
- © 2013 Wasabi Productions
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.