GoSkyWatch Planetarium - Astronomy Guide to the Night Sky
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***** As seen in Apple's iPad 2 event ***** Easily and quickly identify and locate stars, planets, comets, constellations, galaxies and more by simply pointing to the sky. Your personal telescope to the wonders in the night sky. Go outside and explore with GoSkyWatch Planetarium.
***** Featured on ABC's "The View"
***** Featured in "Wired" magazine
One download for your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. We don't think you should pay twice for the same app on a bigger screen.
--- What People Are Saying
"Powerful and easy to use, with excellent animation and the widest zoom range." — D.Schroeder, University professor
"GoSkyWatch Planetarium should not be missed regardless of whether you are a casual or hard-core fan of astronomy." — AppAdvice
"I have more than 10 astronomy apps on my iPhone and this is by far the best. Everything I need and easy to use." — Pat, iTunes reviewer
--- What makes GoSkyWatch different to other apps?
• Easy to use — No buttons to press or modes to select, just point to the sky to start exploring.
• Designed specially for efficient outdoor use.
• Touch free identification — Information pops up on screen as you move. Great for those cold nights with gloves on!
• Popup images — No need to keep zooming in and out just to see what is out there.
• Full 180 degree display — See at a glance what is in the sky and where without having to pan around.
• Don't need to hold level — Displays the sky view and information at the correct orientation when held at any angle not just landscape or portrait.
• Gyroscope compass auto calibration — No need to calibrate the gyroscope. Advanced adaptive algorithms for smooth and accurate positioning.
• Planets shown with relative brightness to stars — No oversized graphics that prevent you from distinguishing a planet from surrounding stars.
• Unique target identification — Touch drag scheme for greatest accuracy since your finger doesn't hide what you are trying to identify.
• Minimal on screen text — Stars and planets easier to identify since they are not covered by text.
• On screen object name, brightness and distance
• Contains all stars visible to the naked eye
• Light adjustment for viewing conditions
• Red light mode for night vision
• Touchless navigation even for the iPod touch without a compass.
• Looking for a planet, star, comet, constellation or galaxy? Just use the finder and let the arrow guide the way
• Search stars and DSOs sorted by name, distance or magnitude
• Moon phase calendar
• Sun rise/set times
• Day, sidereal and time lapse animation
• Over 200 images of planets and deep sky objects
• Messier and Caldwell catalogs with images
• Actual image taken of the Milky Way
• Below horizon display
• Look back in time with the birthday star search. Find out how old you were for the star light seen.
• Constellation images, boundaries and patterns
• Solar system, star, comet, DSO, constellation Wikipedia
• Ian Ridpath's constellation StarTales
• Interactive graphical ephemeris
• Planet, star, constellation and DSO ephemeris data
• High performance graphics
• Easy setup using auto location or built in city list
• Location favorites
* No internet connection required. Internet optionally used for auto location, viewing Wikipedia information and StarTales.
Many more enhancements to come as free updates.
* See web site for video demo
What's New in Version 8.1
- iPad Pro support
- iOS 9.1 updates
- Time lapse control bug fix
- Comet updates
What planet is that?
The full moon is just rising and I see a planet off to the left. "What planet is that?" I go to GoSkywatch and within a minute I know the answer.
The same thing happens when I'm with my friends and we're out at night. The question is often asked. " I wonder what that light is?" I pulled out my phone and show it to them and they are amazed. I have had it for years and it keeps getting better all the time. I would highly recommend this app.
Great App - all the bells and whistles, yet easy to use and intuitive interface.
Great App - all the bells and whistles, yet easy to use and intuitive interface. I've had this app for many years and they just keep making it better!
One wish - the ability to use the camera and see the real stars on the screen with the app. I do notice the directional location is not always perfect - but I've seen other star apps with it.
GoStarWatch is my go to app for information on what is going on in the sky. I use it constantly to do Real Sky Astrology forecasting. Most people don't realize that western astrologers are using an antiquated sky for their forecasts.
I love that you can see all the stars below the horizon in this app.
I love the feature that allows me to go back in time and see what was happening in the sky on historical dates. What a great thing to have in my pocket!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 16, 2015
- Version: 8.1
- Size: 82.0 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: GoSoftWorks Development Co.
- © 2015 GoSoftWorks Development Co.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.