Gospel Library is the gospel study app of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The library includes the scriptures, general conference addresses, music, learning and teaching manuals, Church magazines, videos, audio recordings, gospel art, and more. Study, search, mark, and share this vast collection.
• Bug where fonts downloaded repeatedly.
• Bug where styles didn’t display.
• Bug where sign-in screen wouldn’t disappear after signing in from bookmarks view.
• Bug where screens were being added to the bottom of the list, instead of the top.
• Added full search option to the top of the initial results list.
Ratings and Reviews
Why did you make the new font so ugly?
The thing I liked best about using this app to study over my hard copy of the scriptures was the experience I had when scrolling through the text. The last font, spacing and layout was very well done from an aesthetic point of view. It was pleasing to the eyes and made for not only a great tool but also a pleasing experience. Now the text is small and harsh and goes to the far extreme of both sides of the screen (where are the margins?). Yes it provides more content on one page but that content is too small and difficult to use. Yes you can manually change the size of the text in tools but that only works for that one chapter. You have to repeat the process every time you advance a chapter. The irony is when you pull up the footnotes they are in the old font and size while the main text is in the new aesthetically challenged font. It makes me want to read only the footnotes. Why can’t we have the best of all worlds, more info, pleasing aesthetics, pleasing font and for heavens sake some margins. All I know is that my study was more rewarding and spiritually focused in the last version. Isn’t that what we are striving for?
I look forward to an improvement in the next version. That or let those who want revert back to the old way or at least have that option.
Disappointing Search Issues
I’ll leave my original review as it stands. I fixed the search results. When you type a search keyword, the results that pop up are as I stated: hymns, topical guide, and dictionary. However, if you tap on return, the true search completes. This pop up info is what has been introduced with this version. Changing app behavior like this is incredibly confusing. The release notes don’t even address this change in behavior. I find this change in search behavior more complicated and less intuitive than before because the new contextual shortcuts appear to be search results. I can’t be the only person confused by this change.
I don’t care about the GUI update. Search has either been severely hampered, or it’s broken. I have come to rely on the power of this app to find all references to a keyword in every downloaded document on my device. Now search only shows results for hymns, topical guide, and bible dictionary, or it shows results for articles not downloaded yet, but it shows NO RESULTS for scriptures. This is stepping us back over ten years, which is how long it’s been since I used the Topical Guide to find a scripture. Surely, search isn’t meant to be this useless now?
I love this app!
I had problems with this app when The new update downloaded to one of my iPads. I finally solved the problem by deleting it then reinstalling again. The problem was that the blue screen wouldn’t go away. After 24 hours of playing with the blue screen is when I removed it and reinstalled, works fine now. One thing I really miss is the clever Mormonads, that were in the New Era years ago, haven’t been added yet. If nothing else they could be used as screen savers for both children and adults on their devices as a reminder of consequences of getting off the path or used during lesson time with the youth or even the adults. Another suggestion would be to develop an app just for the Mormonads themselves. I would also like to see these offered for sale in the LDS bookstores in both 8x11 and 5x7 sizes for people to purchase that can be used in bedrooms or FHE lessons. A postcard size could also be sold individually to send to people as well.
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- 65.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Cebuano, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Fiji, Filipino, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Haitian, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kekchí, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malagasy, Malay, Mongolian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tahitian, Thai, Tok Pisin, Tonga, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 by Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.