Everyday life is busy. And as a result, our spiritual lives are often neglected. But that doesn't have to be the case. With goTandem, you'll receive personalized biblical content based on your unique needs, wherever and whenever you need it. It's designed specifically to move you closer to Jesus on a daily basis. Think of it as your trusted companion as you navigate life's ups and downs.
What you get:
• Take a short spiritual growth assessment to trigger personalized messages custom-fit to you.
• If life throws you a curve, use the GPS button to adjust your messages on-the-fly to reflect your current needs.
• Choose from hand-picked topics on the Tracks tab to help you move forward.
• Read on your schedule. Use Reminders to set a schedule of notifications reminding you to open the app to read Scripture tailored to where you are.
• Use the Me tab to get an overview of your spiritual life and areas of growth.
• Save your favorite messages and share via social media.
• A sleek new design creates a custom-fit experience where you can hear from God with a quick swipe or tap.
• Explore your messages without limit whenever you access the app.
• A GPS button allows you to adjust your messages on-the-fly to reflect your current needs.
• Manage track subscriptions and discover new tracks with our redesigned track interface.
• Our content-matching algorithm (artificial intelligence) is now more powerful than ever--ensuring you receive relevant content when you need it most.
• This update lays the groundwork for new features we plan to announce later this year. Stay tuned!
Ratings and Reviews
Good content, unreliable statistics
I'm giving it 3 stars because the content is good. I like receiving daily messages that are tailored to me based on the spiritual profile I filled out. And as situations in life change, you can retake the spiritual profile to change the daily messages you receive.
The bad thing about this app are the statistics. I read the message every day. Yet the page that should indicate I've read every day says I haven't read any. It tells me I can improve and encourages me to come back daily. When you're goal oriented, this is frustrating. The other page with the pie chart also doesn't change from a long time ago, even though I know I'm reading the messages. I've just gotten to the point that I know it's wrong and ignore it even though I check it periodically to see if it's correct. But it does mean I won't be 'sharing' my goals with anyone since they're not correct. That doesn't hurt me...it just hurts go tandem because it means I won't be recommending this app to others.
New version not yet as good …
I love GoTandem and open it every day. However, the newest release, while prettier, is a bit confusing compared to the old version.
- How do I see which notifications I have not yet read? I can’t get the badge icon to go away.
- Do we swipe left or right to advance to newer notifications? (I now know that the newer ones are on the right)
- The reminders seem to have changed - they now just remind you to go into the app rather than giving you a new verse to read at that moment. I prefer the old way.
- My favorites are not syncing with the app.
- Are notes no longer part of the app?
Now when I open the app I’m not sure if there is a specific verse to read or just a bunch to scroll through. When going to the web version, it seems to add several new verses to read at once, rather than a verse to read at the time I set for notification. Again, the old way was much better.
Hi, thanks for the nice app. FYI I - and I believe others, too - would appreciate a function to be able to control the number of notifications I receive each day etc. If this already existences I haven’t found it. For instance, I want only to receive one message w Scripture per day and not more. Now they are popping through multiple times per day. Thanks! Feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement—
- Arnold Cole
- 38.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Amharic, Arabic, Dutch, Filipino, French, Hindi, Indonesian, Lithuanian, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2018 goTandem
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.