GoTech™ Mobile OBDII Diagnostics Tool purchase required for app to function with vehicle. What does it mean when your check engine light appears? GoTech can help provide you with solutions for diagnostic repair. GoTech is more than an OBDII trouble code reader. It provides easy solutions to complex problems, complete with ASE-certified-technician explanations giving you the possible causes of the vehicle’s illuminated check engine light.
The GoTech mobile app pairs with the GoTech OBDII Diagnostics Tool via a Bluetooth™ connection to your iPhone or iPad. A GoTech device is required for use with this app and must be purchased separately to function. After buying the GoTech OBDII Diagnostics Tool, there are no app purchases, subscription fees or hidden costs along the way. The GoTech OBDII Diagnostics Tool works on vehicles 1996 and newer.
1) Start by downloading the GoTech app on to your iPhone or iPad.
2) Then connect the GoTech device to the OBDII port under your vehicle’s dashboard. See owner’s manual for location.
3) Pair the GoTech device to your mobile device.
4) Once connected, the diagnostic tool transmits information from your vehicle’s computer to your mobile device.
What sets GoTech apart is the amount of information you get on the spot.
• GoTech scans your vehicle, explains any trouble code’s meaning and indicates the possible causes.
• GoTech has a freeze frame function allows you to email all the trouble code details to your inbox or send them to your technician of choice.
• GoTech also features OEM service bulletins and repairs tips from ASE-certified technicians, empowering you to fix your car yourself, as well as clear the codes from your engine’s computer and turn off the Check Engine Light, Service Engine Soon light or Malfunction Indicator Light.
• GoTech gives you real-time digital gauges that monitor engine performance to keep you fully informed. Customize your settings to reorder the gauges and graphs in a way that works for you.
Gauges and graphs include (Note: Not all vehicles will support all functionality):
-Engine coolant temperature
-Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor output values
-Intake air temperature
-Ignition timing advance
-Short term fuel trim
-Long term fuel trim
-Oxygen sensor output voltage
-Calculated engine load
This update provides more functionality.
•For those iOS users, we’ve solved those pesky issues when connecting to a new vehicle.
•We’ve expanded our VIN reach! For those vehicles not manufactured within the US but are OBDII compliant the GoTech will now function in a full operational mode.
•No internet connection, no problem! If the GoTech does not detect an internet connection the unit will function as a generic tool providing the trouble code number, gauges and smog test information.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.