goTenna powers robust, secure, decentralized communication networks compatible with your phone.
The goTenna app works with our devices to enable 100% off-grid messaging, GPS, and other fantastic features like ‘push for help’.
Download the app, pair to your phone via Bluetooth, and start communicating with other users at ranges of up to 4 miles without cell service or wifi. Plus, download free offline maps, share your location, ‘hop’ messages via other users to extend range, and keep your group connected on any adventure!
Major app features:
goTenna (free to download and use):
- Send & receive messages
- Share locations on free offline maps
- Instant transmission within range
- Encrypted 1-to-1 & group messaging
- Delivery confirmation & message retry (1-to-1 chats only)
- “Shout” broadcasts to all goTenna user’s within range
- Emergency broadcast ‘push for help’ mode with programmable emergency message
- Upgradable via firmware & software updates
goTenna Plus (in-app subscription; optional upgrade for just $9.99/year):
- Rich offline topographic maps
- Location tethering (automatically share locations with trusted contacts)
- SMS network relay
- Trip statistics
- Group message delivery confirmation (goTenna v1 only)
For all goTenna Plus subscriptions:
- Payment will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription renews automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period for $9.99.
- Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal can be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited upon purchase of a subscription.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The first time you pair your phone with your goTenna device after updating the app, make sure all other goTenna devices within range are turned off. You will be prompted to initiate a firmware update that may take up to 25 minutes to complete, however once installed it will make all future firmware updates super fast!
goTenna 5.0 also includes:
Brand new UI, updated design, and streamlined onboarding and device pairing with Bluetooth 5.0.
‘Push for help’ emergency beacon system - tap the power button on your device 5x to start broadcasting a custom emergency message along with your location, and critical information like blood type to all goTenna user’s within range.
For a limited time in beta we’ve increased the number of ‘hops’ (the number of goTenna devices that will re-transmit messages to extend the range) for all users from 3 to 6.
Bug fixes, performance updates, and reliability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great off grid comms that actually works
Have both gen1 and mesh. Both worked great from beginning and continue to improve features. Support is responsive and take feedback serious.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback and support and especially for taking the time to leave feedback on the App Store.
Thanks for listening to your customers! Most everything that was broken is now fixed.
Love the new features / functionality
As an avid skier, Emergency Beacon is a great addition. Glad I’ll be able to alert my friends if I get into trouble in the backcountry!
- goTenna Inc.
- 211.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 goTenna Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- goTenna Plus $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.