By goTenna Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The goTenna iOS app is the gateway to using goTenna or goTenna Mesh.
Who needs towers or routers? goTenna and goTenna Mesh. Our award-winning devices enable text & GPS on your smartphone, 100% off-grid.
Download the app, pair to your phone via Bluetooth-LE, and communicate with other users over long-range — no service required.
Download free offline maps before you go off-grid — share your location, request others' locations, and share points of interest. Stay connected to each other on any adventure!
Major app features:
- Send & receive messages
- Share locations on free offline maps
- Instant transmission within range
- Encrypted 1-to-1 & group messaging
- Delivery confirmation & message retry (1-to-1 chats only)
- “Shout” broadcasts to anyone within range
- Upgradable via firmware & software updates
goTenna Plus (in-app subscription; optional upgrade costs $9.99/year, renews annually only after subscribing):
- Rich offline topographic maps
- Location tethering (automatically share locations with trusted contacts)
- SMS network relay
- Trip statistics
- Group message delivery confirmation (goTenna v1 only)
For all goTenna Plus subscriptions:
– Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period for $9.99
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
– Any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription
What's New in Version 4.1.1
- We’ve made changes to the app to meet new guidelines set by the phone number verification service we use.
- Bug fixes & stability improvements.
Needs Apple Watch app
Please add support for sending & receiving gotenna messages via the Apple Watch.
It would be cool if you added the ability to send short audio clips instead of just txt.