Government e-Marketplace (GeM)
By Directorate General of Supplies and Disposals (DGS&D)
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Directorate General of Supplies & Disposals has taken an initiative of Government e-Marketplace, an online e-commerce portal to facilitate online purchase/procurement, real time updated product and services offered, suppliers and rates on portal, and provide the tools of e-bidding and reverse e-auction as well as demand aggregation to facilitate the government users to achieve the best value for the money. The system has been designed as an e-commerce bridge for Government departments as purchasers and empaneled agencies of DGS&D as suppliers bringing in transparency in their regular procurement process and transactions.
The objective of the mobile application to be developed is that it will act as front end replica for online portal of GeM, where buyers and suppliers have following features:
Features for Buyers:
1) Rich listing of products for individual categories of Goods/Services
2) Search, Compare, Select and Buy facility
3) Buying Goods and Services online, as and when required.
4) Transparent and ease of buying
5) Continuous vendor rating system
6) User-friendly dash board for Buying and monitoring supplies and payments
7) Easy Return policy
Features for Suppliers:
1) Direct access to all Government departments.
2) Access for bids / reverse auction on products / services
3) New Product Suggestion facility available to Sellers
4) Dynamic pricing: Price can be changed based on market conditions
5) Seller friendly dashboard for selling and monitoring of supplies and payments
6) Consistent and uniform purchase procedures
What's New in Version 1.0.1
With New App Icon.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Oct 26, 2016
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 25.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF SUPPLIES AND DISPOSAL
- © 2016, Directorate General of Supply and Disposal, Government of India
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.