GoWatchIt is the quickest and most convenient way to search for and find where movies are playing across all platforms. Search for a movie and see where it's currently available to watch, whether in theaters, on DVD or Blu-ray, online or On Demand. Save the movies you want to see to your universal GoWatchIt Queue and receive alerts for each film as soon as they become available on the services you care about. You'll never again forget when that awesome film comes to theaters, and you'll be delightfully reminded when that film becomes available for online streaming or download.
*Please be aware*
You CANNOT stream movies directly on GoWatchIt. Instead, GoWatchIt points you to all the services where you can watch a particular film.
Use GoWatchIt to search for movies available across the following services: Amazon, Amazon Instant Video, Amazon Prime, iTunes, Fandango, Hulu, Hulu Plus, Movies on Demand on Cable, Netflix, Netflix Instant, Redbox, SnagFilms, SundanceNow, Xbox Video and YouTube. More services are constantly being added. All movie rental and purchasing occurs within the confines of those services. We do not ask for your credit card.
With the GoWatchIt app you can:
- Find where movies are playing across all platforms
- Add movies to your universal GoWatchIt Queue
- Manage and filter your GoWatchIt Queue
- Set up alerts and receive emails when movies in your queue become available to watch
- Rate and review movies
- Add the movies you've seen to your personal Watched List
Visit us online: http://www.gowatchit.com
Experiencing issues? Please contact us directly at email@example.com.
"At [GoWatchIt], you can find out right now where, how and if a movie is available with one quick search. You can also ask to be notified when it becomes available. (Why aren’t all movies available through all channels? The movie companies these days must have some irrational fear of giving the customers what they want.)" -- The New York Times
"[GoWatchIt] . . . a site that searches the web for a movie's availability for sale or streaming. Nifty. Useful." -- Roger Ebert
"[GoWatchIt] lets you create one movie queue to rule them all: theatrical releases, streaming or download, DVD or Blu-ray, and cable video on demand." -- CNET
"Wouldn’t it be nice if there were one place to keep track of that documentary your friend recommended, the Steve Carrel thing with the funny trailer, and that Ryan Gosling flick you’ve been waiting for on Netflix? Now playing: exactly that." -- Netted, By the Webbys
"[GoWatchIt] seems to be a good webapp for keeping track of all the movies you'd to see [sic]. Five years ago that wouldn't be necessary as I mostly watched movies from only Netflix, but now we have so many options that tools like [GoWatchIt] can save time and frustration." -- Lifehacker
Download the GoWatchIt app today. The best part: it's free!
What's new in 2.0.1
- Bug fixes, including a pesky one where the app would crash when trying to load a movie with no listed cast.
- In order to be in compliance with new policies we had to remove direct links to services. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. We will be adding deep links to provider apps as they become available to us.
What's new in 2.0
- We gave the app a complete design refresh. It's now fully optimized for iOS 7.
- You can now mark movies as "Watched" and build/manage your own Watched List.
- Did you like the film or hate it? Add your star ratings and write reviews for the movies you've seen.
- Find a movie you want to watch? Share it with your friends.
- A much better search -- it's now quicker and easier to find the movies you're looking for, plus we improved actor/director search.
- A better (and hopefully simpler) sign up and log in experience.
- Watching trailers now keeps you in the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Sadly Out of Date
This App would be incredible if it actually was updated in the past 4 years. Read all other popular reviews that also give it low stars—They do a good job of explaining why you should look elsewhere. “TVTracker” is great for tracking my shows, but I guess I’m now on the lookout again for an app to track:
1. Movies/Tv I want to watch
2. Mark when said item is watched
3. Tell me what on-demand/streaming platform has it available
4. Filters to remove certain Networks/services I don’t have
Sadly, this App did every single one of those things, but is so glitchy/outdated, it’s not worth the frustration.
I also wouldn’t mind setting showing me what movies/shows are trending (which this too was supposed to do) or even more categorical trends (such as ‘hot movies in Sci-Fi’).
Maybe It’s out there and I’m just wasting my time written this for nothing. I’m surprised IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, etc doesn’t have this—or some other media market research company like Nelson/Arbitron... I’m not one of those people that won’t pay for an App, but I can’t imagine how the data they mine from an App like that wouldn’t make them enough money to offer an add-free version...kind of like this App—either it wasn’t as lucrative as they anticipated, they had a bad head for business, unreliable tech personnel unskilled sales personnel, legality/copyright infringement issues, etc...Otherwise I don’t know why they let this go.
So buggy it'll drive you insane
This app is everything I've ever wanted as far as aggregating content and showing me how to watch it. And yet it's so INCREDULOUSLY BUGGY that I've rated it a one. I'd have given it a zero if I could have. The "Currently Popular" section - arguably the most important one to find a good movie to watch...will never load. And I mean never. Whatever movie you're interested in will be out on network cable before the page loads. Also - the previews (arguably the second most important thing), yeah, forget that. It'll show you the first 10 seconds of the preview and then tell you it can't load the preview. Save your time and download something else. This app will do nothing but infuriate you.
It's perfect for me. I hate buying movies that are available on the multiple streaming services I'm subscribed to. I use this app to check and make sure I don't have access to a movie before I purchase it. The only thing I would suggest is that they improve upon the on demand section. Be more specific as to where the movie is on demand. Is it on demand with HBO? Or in the free movies section? Is it on demand but only to rent for a fee? I'd like to know that.
- Plexus Entertainment, LLC
- 13.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Plexus Entertainment, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.