GP Antibiotics is a simple, searchable, pocket reference for the current NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde antimicrobial guidelines. It has a clean modern user interface. Best of all it's entirely free!
This app should prove invaluable to all general practitioners, physicians, junior doctors, nurses, pharmacists, other medical staff and healthcare professionals working within primary care. It contains up-to-date antibiotic, antiviral, antifungal and other antimicrobial management guidelines for the infections commonly encountered in adults and children.
GP Antibiotics includes guidance for central nervous system, genital tract, gastro-intestinal, HIV, immunocompromised, lower respiratory tract, skin/ soft tissue, tropical, upper respiratory tract and urinary tract infections in adults and children. Doses, frequencies, durations of treatment, first-line, second-line and penicillin allergic options are provided.
Our aim is to improve the provision of healthcare. Our app collects anonymous usage data to help us improve the guidelines and the app. We are also interested in the global usage of antibiotics and the relationship with antibiotic resistance. If you do not want the app to collect anonymous usage data, this can be easily disabled within the app's preferences.
GP Antibiotics is an official collaboration between:
- Dr Andrew Seaton, infectious diseases consultant at the NHS Glasgow Brownlee Centre for Infectious and Communicable Diseases, and the NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde prescribing team
- Dr Samuel Leighton, a foundation junior doctor with an interest in app development, and Mr Michael Park, professional software developer both at the independent Scottish medical app developers Polwarth Limited
+ Corrected minor typos.
+ Changed nystatin for oral candidiasis back to the original dose of 100,000 units qds.
Ratings and Reviews
Some important things missing
I couldn't find aspiration pna, MRSA pna, hospital acquired. Likely other systems missing as well. Please update.
- Polwarth Medical Ltd
- 3.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2017 Polwarth Medical
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.