By László Váradi
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Do you have multiple separate GPS based applications just because they all have some different function, you need? In this case you need GPS Box. It has all the required fancy GPS features and more, furthermore it's cheaper then buying all apps separately.
- Rotating google maps based map, with full screen capability.
- Speed camera database
- Location bookmark, to save the place you left your car, or to bookmark any place. You can even save pictures and add text.
- Speed measurement
- Compass with both magnetometer (only on 3GS) and GPS support
- Trip functionality to measure and save your important trips
- Display of the current address, you are
- Altimeter measurement which uses both GPS and online services to determine your elevation
- iPod control/display panel, to show what your iPod is playing, and to control main functionalities.
- Digital clock to show you the current time
- Digital stopper
You can enable/disable any of the above described functionalities.
This is not all.
- GPS Box can do Auto Zoom and Auto Movement of the map, according to your speed, can show you the route to your bookmark (opens Google Maps application to do this).
- You can change the color scheme of any digital content on the panels.
- You can set panel shift time, or you can lock a panel and shift them by wipe gestures.
Support email: email@example.com
What's New in Version 1.2
- iOS 5 ready
Excellent for what it does
I'm not sure why all the low reviews, but for a simple location app that shows where you are on a map and displays valuable data in easy to read large-format at the bottom, this app is superb.
The maps app will soon have it's own turn by turn navigation thing, and there's plenty of other navigation apps out there as well. So what if you're driving a route you already know, like from home to work, and you just like to be able to see where you are on the map, monitor your speed, the time, and maybe even access your music library.
Well that's what this app does folks! And the map implementation is wonderful in that the direction you are heading is always up. The map turns so that what you see on the right in the map is what's actually there to the right on the road.
Yes, the button layout on the screen is a little tight, and I'm hoping the developer is still working on this app and will take some of the comments into consideration. Overall, however, this app is pretty darn good.
Good app but…
I agree with most of the people. The app needs the ability to give you guided navigation. It has many features not found in other GPS navigation apps, but needs navigation to be perfect. Have also noticed that the full screen view has a glitch in it. On my iPhone 4Gs, whenever I switch to full screen, I get a white screen with a diagonal bar of the map view, and cannot get it to fix without completely closing and re-opening the app. 4 stars.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Oct 20, 2011
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 3.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Laszlo Varadi
- © BitKnights LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.