Max Trescott GPS Guide for the Garmin GNS 430 and 430W.
Now on YouTube!
Do you ever have difficulty:
• Quickly entering or modifying a flight plan?
• Finding pages you use infrequently?
• Finding Airport information like runways and frequencies?
• Loading an instrument approach?
Do you still use the Direct-to key instead of entering a flight plan? If so, you’re not alone! Our online survey of GPS users shows that these are common issues.
The New Max Trescott 430 GPS Guide for the iPhone is:
• A Quick Reference Checklist
• An Illustrated Self-Study Learning Guide
• A Refresher for Pilots and CFIs Using Many GPSs
Max Trescott 430 GPS Guide Features:
• Organization by function, so you can quickly find what you want
• Step-by-step instructions to make tasks easy
• Over 100 scrollable pages of information
• Over 200 screen shots so you can see how the GPS looks at each step
• Details on using and interpreting XM Weather
More than a paper GPS Checklist:
• Gives detailed descriptions—not just a list of steps
• Includes TIPS on the most efficient ways to use the GPS
• Cuts down on the amount of paper you have to carry
• Lets you bring many GPS checklists with no bulk
• Easy way to stay current with latest GPS feature changes
Max’s GPS Guides Save You Time:
• No hunting through user manuals
• Clear, concise answers to your GPS questions
• Lets you study any time you have a free moment
Written by a GPS Expert!
Max Trescott is the 2008 National Certificated Flight Instructor of the Year. He is the author of the newly released Max Trescott’s GPS and WAAS Instrument Flying Handbook and the bestseller Max Trescott’s G1000 Glass Cockpit Handbook with WAAS. Details at www.maxtrescott.com.
This guide for the Garmin 430 and 430W gives detailed aviation information for the following topics:
• Airport Information Pages
• Auxiliary (AUX) Pages
• Basics & Getting Started
-Including Page Organization
• Direct-to Navigation
• Flight Planning
• Instrument Procedures
• Map Page
• Navigation (NAV) Pages
• NRST Pages
• Position Reporting
• Stormscope Page
• Terrain Page
• Traffic Page
• Vertical Navigation
• Waypoint (WPT) Page
• Weather Pages
Note: The GNS 430 and 430W are Aviation GPSs. This GPS Guide covers all major features for both of these GPSs.
Garmin is a trademark of Garmin Ltd.
• Universal App (runs on iPad and iPhone)
• Added Splash Screens
Ratings and Reviews
Good step by step instructions. Logically organized. But much too expensive for what it does. Basically it's just a rehash of the manual that comes with the unit. I was expecting some interactive features, video, or even a simulator to play with. None of that is present. It's all text.
App not working with iOS 11
The App doesn't work any more after the latest iOS update (and the developer is unresponsive). When it worked, I found the App quite helpful.
Top Quality App From A Master Of GPS Training !
I've been struggling with learning to fully operate the GNS 430W in the airplane I train in. I've stumbled upon this app 24hrs ago and decided to give it a try! I've spent a good 6 hours on it and can say that all the confusion that I had with regards to the 430 is a thing of the past!!!! Max has wonderfully written this app in a way that makes it very easy to find what you're looking for and quickly learn that part with lots of ease. I can't wait to get back into the cockpit and apply what I've learnt. This is an app that is truly worth its price. Want to learn about efficiently using your Garmin GPS? Then Max is your guy.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.