GPS Guide for Garmin 696
By Hilton Software LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Max Trescott GPS Guide for the Garmin GPSMAP 696
This GPS Guide is also appropriate for owners of the Garmin GPSMAP 695.
Now on YouTube!
Do you ever have difficulty:
• Quickly entering or modifying a flight plan?
• Finding pages you use infrequently?
• Finding Airport information like runways and frequencies?
• Loading an instrument approach?
Do you still use the Direct-to key instead of entering a flight plan?
If so, you’re not alone! Our online survey of portable GPS users shows that these are common issues.
The New Max Trescott 696 GPS Guide for the iPhone is:
• A Quick Reference Checklist
• An Illustrated Self-Study Learning Guide
• A Refresher for Pilots and CFIs Using Many GPSs
Max Trescott 696 GPS Guide Features:
• Organization by function, so you can quickly find what you want
• Step-by-step instructions to make tasks easy
• Over 100 scrollable pages of information
• Over 200 screen shots so you can see how the GPS looks at each step
• Details on using and interpreting XM Weather
• AOPA Directory, Smart Taxi and Smart Airspace information
• Electronic FliteCharts, which resemble government NACO charts
More than a paper GPS Checklist:
• Gives detailed descriptions—not just a list of steps
• Includes TIPS on the most efficient ways to use the GPS
• Cuts down on the amount of paper you have to carry
• Lets you bring many GPS checklists with no bulk
• Easy way to stay current with latest GPS feature changes
Max’s GPS Guides Save You Time:
• No hunting through user manuals
• Clear, concise answers to your GPS questions
• Lets you study any time you have a free moment
Written by a GPS Expert!
Max Trescott is the 2008 National Certificated Flight Instructor of the Year. He is the author of the newly released Max Trescott’s GPS and WAAS Instrument Flying Handbook and the bestseller Max Trescott’s G1000 Glass Cockpit Handbook.
This guide for the Garmin 696 gives detailed aviation information for the following topics:
• Airport Information Pages
• AOPA Directory
• Basics & Getting Started
-Including Page Organization
• Direct-to Navigation
• Electronic FliteCharts for IFR flight
• Flight Planning
• Instrument Procedures
• Instrument Panel
• Map Page
• NRST Pages
• Position Reporting
• Smart Airspace
• SmartTaxi Diagrams
• System Pages
• Terrain Page
• Vertical Navigation
• Weather Pages
• XM Radio
Note: The 696 is an Aviation GPS and this GPS Guide covers all of the major features use for aviation.
Garmin is a trademark of Garmin Ltd.
Easy to use, clear graphics
Well written by Max Trescott, very easy-to-use menus, and clear screen shots. A must-have in your bag-of-tricks if you have a Garmin GPS 696 etc. Learn how to fly your Garmin GPS while waiting on the ramp on in your Doctor's office. Highly recommended especially to learn about those often unused features.
- Category: Navigation
- Released: Jul 30, 2009
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 18.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hilton Software LLC
- © 2009-2010 Hilton Software LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.