GPS Kit HD
By Garafa, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
- TIME Magazine’s 15 Fantastic Gadgets
“Perfect for hiking or mountain biking.”
“The GPS Kit app... has a number of excellent outdoor uses, especially [for] hiking, biking or geocaching.”
- NBC’s ‘The Browser’ Radio Show
“Most beneficial for adventure-type guys.”
GPS Kit is a top-of-the-line GPS system for adventurers and professionals in the great outdoors.
GPS Kit HD takes full advantage of the larger screen to bring you an all-around completely immersive experience. The same powerful menus and tabs can now be shown at the same time as the map, giving you more context and information at all times.
**A note on iPad types: the 4G/LTE version of the iPad has excellent GPS reception, even without Internet connection. The wifi-only iPad does not use true GPS, so, while the app may still prove useful, it will not necessarily get an accurate location.
Designed for outdoor activities such as hiking, hunting, camping, GIS field collection, researching, skiing, cycling, geocaching, mountain biking, motorcycling, off-roading, fishing, and other romping in or out of the backcountry--anywhere in the world.
Highest Quality Mapping
- Fastest maps in the App Store
- Smooth, elegant interaction
- Offline Mode enables use out of cell range & without data connection
- Unlimited map types available using customization
Simple Data Handling
- Mail links for Google Earth & map viewing--including mobile browsers!
- View full-color thumbnails of previous outings and data sets
- Group tracks and waypoints together to keep track of outings
- Most options for export and import of tracks and waypoints
- Open KML, KMZ, & GPX from Mail & Safari
- Attach KML & GPX files to email
- Export GPX & KML through iTunes for USB transfer
- Share your adventures on Facebook and Twitter
- Add photos and notes to waypoints that display on map
- Drag map to reposition while coordinates update
- UTM, USNG, MGRS
- Long-press to quickly drop a waypoint
- Navigate to waypoints using the magnetic compass
- See distance to waypoint update in real-time on the map
Weather Stations (U.S. Only)
- Create "weather stations" to get point forecasts
- Get data specific to your favorite fishing hole, ski tour, etc.
- Data provided by the National Weather Service
Intelligent Data Collection
- Uses maximum GPS accuracy
- Real satellite positioning even without cell signal (iPad 3G)
- Auto-segmentation of tracks prevents messed up tracks
Fully Customizable Dashboard
- Gorgeous high contrast display for outdoor viewing
- Huge variety of customizable parameters and units
- Time, Trip Time, Track Time
- Elevation Change
- Custom Formatted Position (Lat/Long, UTM, MGRS, USNG)
- Accuracy, Speed, Odometer, Avg Speed, Max Speed, Pace, Avg. Pace
- Moving Time, Stopped Time, Direction
- 3 Equally customizable dashboard cells on map
Loaded with Related Utilities
- Elevation and speed graphs
- On-map ruler with multi-touch area measurements
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 8.0.4
- updated to 64 bit
- updated for new screen sizes
- fixed weather stations
- fixed sharing
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Sep 16, 2017
- Version: 8.0.4
- Size: 34.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Garafa, LLC
- © Garafa, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.