- TIME Magazine’s 15 Fantastic Gadgets
“Perfect for hiking or mountain biking.”
“The GPS Kit app... has a number of excellent outdoor uses, especially [for] hiking, biking or geocaching.”
- NBC’s ‘The Browser’ Radio Show
“Most beneficial for adventure-type guys.”
Top-of-the-line GPS system for adventurers and professionals in the great outdoors.
Designed for outdoor activities such as:
hiking, hunting, camping, skiing, cycling, geocaching, mountain biking, motorcycling, off-roading, fishing, and other romping in or out of the backcountry—ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.
GPS Kit is a full-featured GPS system for the iPhone that combines all the functionality of expensive handheld units with the power of wireless technology. Using advanced technology optimized for the iPhone, GPS Kit offers a superbly easy-to-use system that puts data from a wide range of sensors at your fingertips.
Highest Quality Mapping
- Fastest maps in the App Store
- Smooth, elegant interaction
- Offline Mode enables use out of cell range
- No data connection required if map is cached
- Use your own map sources
Simple, Powerful Data Handling
- Mail links for Google Earth & map viewing
- Full-color thumbnails of data sets
- Group tracks and waypoints together
- Most options for export and import of data
- Open KML, KMZ, & GPX from Mail & Safari
- Attach KML & GPX files to email
- Export GPX & KML through iTunes
- Share your adventures on Facebook and Twitter
- Add photos and notes to waypoints
- Drag map to reposition as coordinates update
- UTM, USNG, MGRS
- Long-press to quickly drop a waypoint
- Navigate to waypoints using compass
- Magnetic compass (3GS, 4, iPad)
- Option to use current travel direction on compass
- See distance to waypoint update in real-time
Weather Stations (U.S. Only)
- Create "weather stations" to get point forecasts
- Get data specific to your fishing hole, ski tour, etc.
- Data provided by the National Weather Service
- Unlimited stations
Intelligent Data Collection
- Uses maximum GPS accuracy
- Real satellite positioning even without cell signal
- Auto-segmentation of tracks for clean tracks
Fully Customizable Dashboard
- Gorgeous high contrast display
- Huge variety of parameters and units
- Time, Trip Time, Track Time
- Elevation Change
- Formatted Position (Lat/Lng, UTM, MGRS, USNG)
- Accuracy, Speed, Odometer, Avg Speed
- Max Speed, Pace, Avg. Pace
- Moving Time, Stopped Time, Direction
- 3-Axis Inclinometer and Glide Ratio
- Customizable cell on map
Loaded with Related Utilities
- Elevation and speed graphs
- On-map tracking controls and timer
- On-map ruler
- Multi-touch area measurements
* Use of "Squawk!" requires an Internet connection and extended use may adversely impact battery life
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
- updated to 64 bit
- updated for new screen sizes
- fixed weather stations
- fixed sharing
Ratings and Reviews
Customer service - non-existent
When this app is up and running its amazing for hunting. You can track, drop pins, etc.
The problem is, the developer needs a license key or something when your paying $10 for an app. I have had to buy this app 3 times!!!!! That was not a typo - 3 times! $29.97 over the last 6 years.
I have emailed and called them and left voicemail. They NEVER responded back. I just go to use the app one day and it will say. “In order to use this app you must download it from the App Store” now why on earth would the app icon be on my phone if I didn’t already “purchase it from the App Store”.
The app is great, but BEWARE you may have to purchase it again when you need it most! And customer service or the developer will be MIA.
Best Hiking swissknife on the store
Where did the Squak feature go?
The Squak feature was one of the main reasons I liked using this app. Myself and hunting buddies all purchased this app to use that feature and it vanished with the last update. Very disappointed it is no longer available.
- Garafa, LLC
- 19.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Garafa, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.