- TIME Magazine’s 15 Fantastic Gadgets
“Perfect for hiking or mountain biking.”
“The GPS Kit app... has a number of excellent outdoor uses, especially [for] hiking, biking or geocaching.”
- NBC’s ‘The Browser’ Radio Show
“Most beneficial for adventure-type guys.”
Top-of-the-line GPS system for adventurers and professionals in the great outdoors.
Designed for outdoor activities such as:
hiking, hunting, camping, skiing, cycling, geocaching, mountain biking, motorcycling, off-roading, fishing, and other romping in or out of the backcountry—ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.
GPS Kit is a full-featured GPS system for the iPhone that combines all the functionality of expensive handheld units with the power of wireless technology. Using advanced technology optimized for the iPhone, GPS Kit offers a superbly easy-to-use system that puts data from a wide range of sensors at your fingertips.
Highest Quality Mapping
- Fastest maps in the App Store
- Smooth, elegant interaction
- Offline Mode enables use out of cell range
- No data connection required if map is cached
- Use your own map sources
Simple, Powerful Data Handling
- Mail links for Google Earth & map viewing
- Full-color thumbnails of data sets
- Group tracks and waypoints together
- Most options for export and import of data
- Open KML, KMZ, & GPX from Mail & Safari
- Attach KML & GPX files to email
- Export GPX & KML through iTunes
- Share your adventures on Facebook and Twitter
- Add photos and notes to waypoints
- Drag map to reposition as coordinates update
- UTM, USNG, MGRS
- Long-press to quickly drop a waypoint
- Navigate to waypoints using compass
- Magnetic compass (3GS, 4, iPad)
- Option to use current travel direction on compass
- See distance to waypoint update in real-time
Weather Stations (U.S. Only)
- Create "weather stations" to get point forecasts
- Get data specific to your fishing hole, ski tour, etc.
- Data provided by the National Weather Service
- Unlimited stations
Intelligent Data Collection
- Uses maximum GPS accuracy
- Real satellite positioning even without cell signal
- Auto-segmentation of tracks for clean tracks
Fully Customizable Dashboard
- Gorgeous high contrast display
- Huge variety of parameters and units
- Time, Trip Time, Track Time
- Elevation Change
- Formatted Position (Lat/Lng, UTM, MGRS, USNG)
- Accuracy, Speed, Odometer, Avg Speed
- Max Speed, Pace, Avg. Pace
- Moving Time, Stopped Time, Direction
- 3-Axis Inclinometer and Glide Ratio
- Customizable cell on map
Loaded with Related Utilities
- Elevation and speed graphs
- On-map tracking controls and timer
- On-map ruler
- Multi-touch area measurements
* Use of "Squawk!" requires an Internet connection and extended use may adversely impact battery life
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
- updated to 64 bit
- updated for new screen sizes
- fixed weather stations
- fixed sharing
Ratings and Reviews
Best app ever
I have been using this for rock crawling for the past 3-4 years. I love it. This is the one app that does everything I want. I can load any format map I need to. I can do live tracking when creating a new trail/map. I can also create a new map on google earth and save it as a kmz and load it into GPS Kit. And I love that I can see my location on a satellite image. It’s perfect.
So glad to see GPS Kit is back.
This was my GoTo app for GPS tracking for years and I am glad to see that it is back Again! Highly recommend this app to anyone looking for a versatile GPS tracker that also offers great options for exporting. Just hope that an update for Track Editor is in the works as that is an essential tool for completing the GPS “Kit”
I have used this app in the states (find my way around the forest when exploring) and Europe (hiking and biking). It is super accurate and easy to use. Base map information (gradient / terrain) is fantastic and details in Europe were amazing (eg a small abandoned Hut high in the Italian alps was marked). Great accuracy on my iPhone 8. Glad it's back and updated.
- Garafa, LLC
- 19.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Garafa, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.