GPS Navigation (Sat Nav)
By Telenav GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GPS Navigation from skobbler - 3 full-fledged apps in one:
Top-rated navigation with voice prompts (turn-by-turn)
Wiki travel guide
You get all this even if you are offline.
skobbler NGx cutting-edge map technology.
Various search functions. Different map styles. Different route modes.
It is quite a package.
FULL-FLEDGED NAVIGATION FOR VEHICLES AND PEDESTRIANS, ONLINE OR OFFLINE
* Gives you full-fledged turn-by-turn navigation. Functionalities such as speed warnings, street sign displays, 3D-view (isometric) and much more are of course included. All these functionalities are available online and optionally offline (see below).
* The already included traffic information feature keeps you updated on the current traffic situation. Avoid being caught up in traffic jams and make a detour round construction sites.
* Real-Time Premium Traffic (RPT): This optional upgrade provides you with superior traffic intelligence by international market leader INRIX. RPT will greatly enhance routing during turn-by-turn navigation and displays additional color-coded information on the current traffic situation.
ONE WORLDWIDE MAP RATHER THAN A WHOLE LOAD OF SMALL MAPS, ONLINE OR OPTIONALLY OFFLINE
* With GPS Navigation you no longer have to worry about finding your way. No need for paper maps. No matter where you are or where the journey takes you, the OpenStreetMap can be used anywhere.
You can decide whether you want to use it online of offline. The entire map is always available online. You can also enhance the app for offline use with almost 1000 additions (cities, countries, continents). You get one entire offline country map for free. Download the respective area (ideally via Wifi). Once installed, you will always have it with you, even without an internet connection. And you’ll be able to make full use of all major features. Country maps always include all cities and their street plans or city maps. The map is always seamless. You never have to switch between several maps.
SKOBBLER NGX TECHNOLOGY: TOP GRAPHICS, ROUTE CALCULATIONS, VARIOUS PRESENTATION TYPES AND NO OFFLINE HALF-MEASURES
* GPS Navigation includes skobbler's innovative NGx map technology. You get maps that look great and move, zoom and rotate with unrivaled ease. Simply touch the map for slightly longer to interact with individual points on the map. You will never get blurred images or useless empty 'map-loading' tiles.
Instead, you get different map styles (e.g. night, outdoor) and a route planner for vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists. Something else you won't find anywhere else: all functions can be used both online and offline (in installed map areas).
- Full-fledged navigation with voice prompts (turn-by-turn) including Traffic service
- Completely interactive OpenStreetMap (OSM)
- One single map with global coverage
- Can be enhanced within the app for offline use of all major functions
- You get one entire offline country map for free.
- Full functionality with and (after installation) without Internet connection (online and offline)
- Ability to install whole countries including their city maps (Wifi recommended)
- Continuous free map updates
- Extensive Wiki travel guide
- Powerful map technology (NGx)
- Route planner (vehicles, pedestrians, cyclists)
- Various map styles (e.g. night, outdoor)
- Various search facilities
- Convenient favorites lists
- Optional synchronization of favorites with the web portal maps.skobbler.com
! Please note that as with all navigation apps, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Traffic regulations and current road situations always precede skobbler’s directions!
What's New in Version 7.2
Today you receive the app's new version. It contains the following improvements:
- iOS 9 support
- Fresh map data
We hope that you will like the app’s new version and would be very glad if you decided to leave a positive rating in the App Store.
In case of questions, problems or suggestions, please contact our support via e-mail (support[at]skobbler.com).
This ap is awful!
The previous ap I used - Telenav GPS Plus was great, but is no longer supported on newer devices or IOS releases. Trying to get started just indicating where I wanted to go this morning was complex and time consuming even with having played with the ap a little a few days ago. Good thing I knew where I was going, because it gave me the wrong Street name for the first few directions. It then directed me onto the freeway as it should, but then didn't tell me what was next to set my expectations. Was I to drive 5 miles, 10 miles, er what? When it was time to get off, I never would have known the exit by the ap directions which were different than the freeway signs. Silence followed the exiting instructions and there were no directions what to do next. It suddenly told me to turn left which I was already prepared to do, but only because I knew where I was going. It did find my destination as I was driving past it!!! This ap is junk and into the trash bin it goes!
Best Offline GPS on Market
This app is hands down the best offline GPS on the market, and I've use many alternatives in the process of looking for this one. GPS Navigation has more features for less money than any other app in it's field. It is extremely functional, and the User Interface is clean, fast and friendly. The app could use a much better search function especially when offline but overall it is a good app.
2nd update to fail - Works nicely but has started over using the gps
I've been very happy with it, but the most recent version has started using the location services even when I haven't asked it to do directions or other tasks I would expect to need the gps for in background. It has greatly reduced my battery life and made me have to routinely end the app.
After using it it is ESSENTIAL that you end the app manually to avoid a significant reduction in your device's battery life.
The newest version update failed, the second update that happened with for me.
The app crashed immediately after it started updating its map data. Relaunching the app left the app with no map and showing there were no updates available. A clear case of the app not having a viable data integrity check for its map system. I had to again delete the app and reinstall and download the map I had purchased.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Sep 16, 2015
- Version: 7.2
- Size: 80.6 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Telenav GmbH
- © 2015 Telenav GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Map access - USA$2.99
- Map access - North America$4.99
- Map access - All maps$10.99
- Wallace & Gromit$3.99
- Map access - Europe$4.99
- Stephen Fry$3.99
- Mr. T$3.99
- Ernie & Bert$3.99
- Map access - Italy$2.99