GPS Navigation (Sat Nav)
By Telenav GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GPS Navigation from skobbler - 3 full-fledged apps in one:
Top-rated navigation with voice prompts (turn-by-turn)
Wiki travel guide
You get all this even if you are offline.
skobbler NGx cutting-edge map technology.
Various search functions. Different map styles. Different route modes.
It is quite a package.
FULL-FLEDGED NAVIGATION FOR VEHICLES AND PEDESTRIANS, ONLINE OR OFFLINE
* Gives you full-fledged turn-by-turn navigation. Functionalities such as speed warnings, street sign displays, 3D-view (isometric) and much more are of course included. All these functionalities are available online and optionally offline (see below).
* The already included traffic information feature keeps you updated on the current traffic situation. Avoid being caught up in traffic jams and make a detour round construction sites.
* Real-Time Premium Traffic (RPT): This optional upgrade provides you with superior traffic intelligence by international market leader INRIX. RPT will greatly enhance routing during turn-by-turn navigation and displays additional color-coded information on the current traffic situation.
ONE WORLDWIDE MAP RATHER THAN A WHOLE LOAD OF SMALL MAPS, ONLINE OR OPTIONALLY OFFLINE
* With GPS Navigation you no longer have to worry about finding your way. No need for paper maps. No matter where you are or where the journey takes you, the OpenStreetMap can be used anywhere.
You can decide whether you want to use it online of offline. The entire map is always available online. You can also enhance the app for offline use with almost 1000 additions (cities, countries, continents). You get one entire offline country map for free. Download the respective area (ideally via Wifi). Once installed, you will always have it with you, even without an internet connection. And you’ll be able to make full use of all major features. Country maps always include all cities and their street plans or city maps. The map is always seamless. You never have to switch between several maps.
SKOBBLER NGX TECHNOLOGY: TOP GRAPHICS, ROUTE CALCULATIONS, VARIOUS PRESENTATION TYPES AND NO OFFLINE HALF-MEASURES
* GPS Navigation includes skobbler's innovative NGx map technology. You get maps that look great and move, zoom and rotate with unrivaled ease. Simply touch the map for slightly longer to interact with individual points on the map. You will never get blurred images or useless empty 'map-loading' tiles.
Instead, you get different map styles (e.g. night, outdoor) and a route planner for vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists. Something else you won't find anywhere else: all functions can be used both online and offline (in installed map areas).
- Full-fledged navigation with voice prompts (turn-by-turn) including Traffic service
- Completely interactive OpenStreetMap (OSM)
- One single map with global coverage
- Can be enhanced within the app for offline use of all major functions
- You get one entire offline country map for free.
- Full functionality with and (after installation) without Internet connection (online and offline)
- Ability to install whole countries including their city maps (Wifi recommended)
- Continuous free map updates
- Extensive Wiki travel guide
- Powerful map technology (NGx)
- Route planner (vehicles, pedestrians, cyclists)
- Various map styles (e.g. night, outdoor)
- Various search facilities
- Convenient favorites lists
- Optional synchronization of favorites with the web portal maps.skobbler.com
! Please note that as with all navigation apps, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Traffic regulations and current road situations always precede skobbler’s directions!
What's New in Version 6.1
Today you receive the app's new version. It contains the following improvements:
- Traffic: You get up-to-date traffic information and travel much more relaxed.
- Fresh map data: You get another map data update (September 2014).
We hope that you will like the app’s new version and would be very glad if you decided to leave a positive rating in the App Store.
In case of questions, problems or suggestions, please contact our support via e-mail (support[at]skobbler.com).
I love this app, but IAP pricing is harsh
Update: $11 for traffic seems ridiculous! I didn't balk at $11 for unlimited offline maps, but to get traffic for those same maps for twice the cost? Come on! There's a hint that speed cams will be another paid upgrade. Paid is fine, but the pricing is outrageous!
The route view (while driving) is very nice except for the top bar showing HUGE status icons and taking a lot of important screen real estate. So, driving is mostly pleasant. But, the interface is just... horrible. Awful! Some crucial features are either non-obvious or missing, like how to name/rename favorites. Searching for locations is difficult. Map corrections take a very, very, very long time to propagate. The UI has just stopped me entirely from using this app.
For a user interface "done right", take a look at Waze. Clean, pleasant, fun. I hate the social features, and there is no offline map support, so not in the same league as Skobbler, but nonetheless I now use Waze because Skobbler UI is so awful.
Please revamp the UI, folks, and regain the greatness you deserve! Thanks.
P.S. Speeding detection is very buggy and seems to have no relationship with actual speed limits or current speed.
Once it. Worked
When I purchased this app about 3 years ago, it worked well in the off line mode and could both plot and navigate a route from the downloaded maps. After numerous upgrades the app no longer works in the offline mode on my ipad2. I've tried getting Skobbler support to resolve my problem several times. Each time they told me. To delete the app, shut down the ipad, reload the app, reload the maps and the problem should be resolved. When I reported back to them that the problem still existed, they simply told me that my ipad wasn't equipped with gps although it had no problem when I first purchased the app and closed my case.
Gps mat have magically appears on my ipad because I finally resolved the problem by purchasing Copiolet which works well in the off line mode and can plan and navigate trips from the downloaded maps.
Overall I like this app. I have maps, traffic and Stephen Fry voice lol. The nav lacks lane guidance. The routing is very good. The traffic is very good. A previous reviewer didn't see many traffic updates during their drive but I do see several during my hour + commute. The Inrix traffic is quite accurate - I haven't seen any traffic that's perfect but Inrix is very good.
I wish the app had carpool lane nav as a routing option. It will place you in a carpool lane if you are driving it. I even noticed traffic differentiation between carpool and normal lanes.
The routing is aggressive around traffic, maybe a little too much.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 01, 2014
- Version: 6.1
- Size: 69.2 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Telenav GmbH
- © 2014 skobbler GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Map access - USA$2.99
- Map access - North America$4.99
- Map access - All maps$10.99
- Wallace & Gromit$3.99
- Map access - Europe$4.99
- Stephen Fry$3.99
- Mr. T$3.99
- Ernie & Bert$3.99
- Map access - Italy$2.99