A simple and easy to use odometer. GPS Odometer only does one thing, and does it well: measure distance traveled. Includes run in background capability. Ideal for almost anything that requires measuring outdoor distance traveled such as walking, running, driving, boating, or hiking. Note that GPS does not work well under a roof. For best results, use outdoors
Benefits of the paid version:
- Ability to have multiple trips. Each trip can be stopped and started independently. Up to 10 trips can be running at the same time.
- Receive notifications while the application is closed at distance intervals of your choosing.
- Custom units readout. For example, you want to know how many calories you have burned. You can customize this to include anything that has a linear relationship with distance traveled. This can be different for each trip.
- No advertisements.
- Export trips via email and optionally restore later.
- Time elapsed
- Speed (average or current)
- Displacement (straight line distance from your starting point) This can be hidden.
Distance units include:
- Nautical miles
Speed units include:
- Kilometers per hour
- Miles per hour
- Nautical miles per hour
- Meters per second
- Feet per second
- Large font adjustable display.
- Accurate to within 1 percent when compared to most car odometers under normal driving conditions.
- Includes a lock to help prevent accidental reset of your trip. After unlocked, it locks back in a few seconds, or you can lock it yourself.
- Approximates distance traveled in some GPS dead spots such as driving through a tunnel by adding the as-a-bird flies distance to your trip.
Please also note:
- GPS Odometer does run in the background if you leave it running. Be sure to pause the trip when you are finished or battery life will be negatively affected. The timer stops when the trip is paused.
- To change the display, tap the unlock button and notice the three green boxes that temporarily appear. Each button adjusts a different part of the display.
- You can change the language to English in the application settings.
Please visit the web page for more details.
- Many users seem to have trouble determining if a trip is running or paused so the following changes were made:
- (1) - Upon starting, resuming, or pausing a trip, a temporary notification displays for about 2 seconds.
- (2) - The start/resume button is tinted appropriately. (red if paused, and green if running)
- (3) - While in the paused state, the text is colored slightly red/brown.
- Changed how the waypoint filter works to allow for shorter update intervals and the default setting is now more centrist. (a little false movement is not the end of the world)
- Added limited undo/redo functionality for add/delete trips and re-ordering of the list. Note that you cannot undo resetting a trip.
- The edit trip popup is now much larger on phones.
- If accuracy is poor and Wi-Fi is off, the user is informed that enabling Wi-Fi may improve accuracy.
- If the device is a Wi-Fi only iPad (no satellite GPS receiver), the user is informed.
- Added support for the iPhone X screen dimensions.
- Please see the support page for more details.
Please report any problems or bugs to the developer via email.
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use, accurate, highly customizable readout for desired information that can be easily read while biking. Developer very responsive for questions not covered in the user guide.
Anazing little piece if software
We were competing in RAAM, an ultracycle race from Oceanside CA to Annapolis MD. The route is broken down by distances to turn over more than 3000 miles. We had this app in all of our support vehicles. The app worked perfectly. Periodically, support vehicles needed to leave the route for supplies. With this app, we could stop and start the odometer without loss.
The reality is that most vehicle odometers are inaccurate by up to 10%. This app is accurate down to a few feet.
We set a new Canadian record and cane second overall in no small part to the easy use and accuracy of this app.
- Kevin Willett
- 3.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Kevin WIllett
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.