GPS to SMS
By Jochen Holzer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NEW: Integrated Flashlight
- listed in the top charts in many countries
Send your actual location via SMS or E-Mail to friends, colleagues or emergrency aiders by using the "GPS to SMS" app.
The sent message contains the GPS-Coordinates, the altitude and a link to Google™-Maps.
The email also contains your actual address.
• let your kids send their location to you
• send your location to friends on a big open air music festival
• send your location to get help if you had a car break-down
• use it to send your location on treks
• want to know where you are? The app shows your actual address
• send SMS or E-Mail with GPS-Data and altitude
• send Email with address (street, town,...) of your current location
• shows actual GPS-Data lattitude, longitude, altitude in different formats (degree/decimal)
• show your position on a map view (satellite, map, hybrid)
• correct your actual position manually in the map view or sent location of any location you select in the map view
• works without internet (no maps, no E-Mail in this case but you can send your position via SMS)
• Google™-Maps-Link is automatically integrated in SMS and E-Mail
• preset reciever E-Mail or SMS-Address
"Works well love it"
Peter H oz:
"Brilliant! Haven't used in the bush yet but love it!"
"Excellent, simple and very useful.
Good stuff. 5 Stars"
"Good app, does what it says, easy to use, very accurate, excellent value for money"
What's New in Version 1.5
+ Fixed the altitude issue in the email
+ Fixed a problem in email with the map
+ Added a flashlight button which turns on the front LED (button is only visible on iPhone 4 and 4S)
+ automatic address detection: If the gps accuracy is good enough and an internet connection is available, your current address is displayed in a scrolling label.
In this case the address is also added to the email.
The address is refreshed every minute if your location has changed more than 10 meters.
Good app, request 1 tweak
App displays the google maps link and coordinates. Please display the coordinates in a way to paste them into gpskit or other offline map tool.
It would be nice if it also had the coordinate format "degrees and minutes (DM)" which is the format that Garmin GPSs use. This would make it easier to input the data into a Garmin.
It's free and it works extremely well!
What more can I ask for? Well done
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jan 20, 2012
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 0.5 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Jochen Holzer
- © JOSA Media
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.