Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"One of the better GPS apps for sporting enthusiasts for the iPhone..."
- Bryan Wolfe, AppAdvice.com
Do you want to track your outdoor activities?
Do you need to navigate to waypoints?
Do you want to store your favorite destinations?
GPS Tracks is an ideal app for your outdoor navigational needs, it makes navigating to a specific point and tracking your outdoor activities very simple. It will keep track of your activities and allow you to easliy navigate to coordinates.
GPS Tracks is now available for the Mac in the Mac App Store!
No login or account required, just turn it on and go!
Use Applications -
- Great for hiking offline, running, walking, and biking to track your route!
- Great for photographers who need to track location data for their pictures!
- Great for hunters and fishermen who need to store specific locations!
- Great for military navigational applications!
- Tracks your location/route of your activity
- Store favorite locations
- Take GPS static observations to average current location for more accurate waypoints
- Easily navigate to waypoints with the waypoint guide on the compass
- Add fully editable waypoints on the fly to your current track either manually or from you favorite locations
- Add a vector as a waypoint with angle and distance
- Convert between four sets of coordinates (Decimal, DMS, MGRS, UTM) anytime
- Glide Ratio is viewable and tracked during recording
- Use degrees or mils for the compass
- Add MGRS Grid overlay to map
- Create routes to follow manually before you start your track
- GPS Tracks uses WGS84 datum, over 220 datums available with an In-App purchase.
- iCloud syncing (will sync between iPad and iPhone version)
- Import/Export to Dropbox or iTunes File Sharing
- Send locations to the Navigon/TomTom/Google app or the default Maps app for driving directions
- Share your location with friends with a text message (SMS) or email with a direct link to your location on a map
- Import and export tracks/coordinates in a BIN, CSV, GPX, or KML format
- Email exported files
- Share a saved track with another user or device with the BIN output
- Post track stats to Facebook and Twitter
- Export track with photos to KMZ file to export your photos taken during the track
- Limited support for importing NMEA files
Review History -
- View your track on the map with the ability to replay the route
- View detailed statistics of the track
- View the waypoints saved with each track
- Add the track to the main map to view while recording a new track
There are many other great features.
GPS Tracks Pro (Auto-Renewing Yearly Subscription In-App Purchase)
- Use alternate map sources
- Save maps for offline use
- Use custom Map Tile Server URLs
- Subscription syncs via iCloud to other devices
GPS Tracks Pro Subscriptions Available:
1-year subscription - $19.99 (automatically renewed until canceled)
SUBSCRIBERS’ AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL FEATURE:
Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of your current period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal, as stated above, within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Current subscribers may not be canceled during the active subscription period, but you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
IOS 7 Users - Background App Refresh must be enabled to record a track in the background.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.8.6
- Bug fixes
- Added support for the Apple Watch
- Start/Stop tracks from the Watch app
- Add waypoint at your current location in the watch app
- Check-In to a waypoint and proceed to the next waypoint from the watch app
- Added a blank map for users who wish to not use any data while using the app
- Added NOAA + FAA charts to GPS Tracks Pro Subscription
- Added ability to search for an address when creating a route
- Added ability to invert the geometry on custom URL map schemes
- Added ability to sort saved waypoints by position
- Added ability to create a route from saved waypoints
- Fixed exporting multiple files to Dropbox errors
- Files with both waypoints and tracks will now only import to the Tracks section
- Files with only waypoints will only import to the Waypoints section
- Fixed the removal of unused photos in the app folder
- Refreshed tab bar icons and current waypoints button icon
- Many other minor bug fixes and tweaks
Thank you for all the great feedback, please take time to leave a review in the App Store for the new version. This enables us to continue to provide free updates to the app.
One of the Best
I'm a GIS professional and I will say this developer did their homework. This gps tracking application has everything that many if it's kind lack like CSV and KML export to email features. It's UI is dynamic yet simplistic and very beneficial for field application. Quick GUI conversions to other geolocation standards amongst many other functions greatly facilitate the practical everyday it special purpose utility of this application.
Don't waste your money on other options.
Update 4/20 - very nice update with the features I requested. Thanks!
Very versatile app
I'm very happy with this app so far. I have been able to track my runs, import tracks I have planned out in Google Earth, and I've also been able to download tracks and follow them back on this app. The only thing I might add is the ability to import tracks from Google Drive, but iCloud and Dropbox work just as well for me.
Perfect for trail recording
This is a very easy to use app, it's also got a a lot of features. I love to use it to record while out on trails. Then later go back and add those tracks back on the map to retrace. The export options are great too!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Apr 21, 2015
- Version: 2.8.6
- Size: 12.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: David Morneault
- © 2011 David Morneault
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Also Included In
Top In-App Purchases
- GPS Tracks Pro$19.99
- Datum Add-On Pack$2.99