This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
"One of the better GPS apps for sporting enthusiasts for the iPhone..."
- Bryan Wolfe, AppAdvice.com
Do you want to track your outdoor activities?
Do you need to navigate to waypoints?
Do you want to store your favorite destinations?
GPS Tracks is an ideal app for your outdoor navigational needs, it makes navigating to a specific point and tracking your outdoor activities very simple. It will keep track of your activities and allow you to easliy navigate to coordinates.
GPS Tracks is now available for the Mac in the Mac App Store! GPS Tracks is one of the only tracking applications to sync data between iOS and OS X.
No login or account required, just turn it on and go!
Use Applications -
• Great for hiking offline, running, walking, and biking to track your route!
• Great for photographers who need to track location data for their pictures!
• Great for hunters and fishermen who need to store specific locations!
• Great for military navigational applications!
• Track your location/route of your activity
• Store favorite locations
• Take GPS static observations to average current location for more accurate waypoints
• Easily navigate to waypoints with the waypoint guide on the compass
• Add fully editable waypoints on the fly to your current track either manually or from you favorite locations
• Add a vector as a waypoint with angle and distance
• Convert between four sets of coordinates (Decimal, DMS, MGRS, UTM) anytime
• Glide Ratio is viewable and tracked during recording
• Use degrees or mils for the compass
• Add MGRS Grid overlay to map
• Create routes to follow manually before you start your track
• GPS Tracks uses WGS84 datum, over 220 datums available with an In-App purchase.
• Map measuring tools allow you to measure area and distance on the map
• Draw or drop pins to measure
Apple Watch App
• Track your activity directly with your Apple Watch without your iPhone
• iCloud syncing (will sync between Mac, iPad, and iPhone version)
• Import/Export to Dropbox iCloud Drive or iTunes File Sharing
• Send locations to the Navigon/TomTom/Google app or the default Maps app for driving directions
• Share your location with friends with a text message (SMS) or email with a direct link to your location on a map
• Import and export tracks/coordinates in a GPX, KML, BIN, CSV, or NMEA format
• Email exported files
• Post track stats to Facebook and Twitter
• Export track with photos to KMZ file to export your photos taken during the track
• View your track on the map with the ability to replay the route
• View detailed statistics of the track
• View the waypoints saved with each track
• Add the track to the main map to view while recording a new track
• Change track color
There are many other great features.
GPS Tracks Pro (Auto-Renewing Yearly Subscription In-App Purchase)
• Use Mapbox maps, NOAA nautical charts, FAA charts, and many other alternate map sources
• Save maps for offline use
• Use custom Map Tile Server URLs
• Subscription syncs via iCloud to other devices
GPS Tracks Pro Subscriptions Available:
1-year subscription - $19.99 (automatically renewed until canceled)
SUBSCRIBERS’ AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL FEATURE:
Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of your current period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal, as stated above, within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Current subscribers may not be canceled during the active subscription period, but you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.0.9
• Added Go To function to the Search Bar
• Bug fixes for coordinate entry
• Many other speed improvements and bug fixes
I have now had a chance to put this fully through its paces and it seems to do everything I want. I had a Garmin 60 CX which I used frequently & was very pleased with, but then I fell and sat on it and so it now needs a new LCD. Needless to say I was very disappointed until I tried your app and found out that you can vector a waypoint far more accurately on this app then I could have on the Garmin, which means that I will be 50 or 100 feet closer to where I wanted to be. I recommend it highly.
Now, three years later, I am still using this app regularly. The only major complaint I have about it is that when you export a track you not only export its waypoints but all the other waypoints stored in memory along with them. This is quite a nuisance. I wonder if it could be altered. I would still give it four or five stars.
Looked awesome, but failed to deliver
UPDATE: Developer contacted me and was able to provide a solution to the Dropbox issue. Initial tests look good. For that reason I have changed my rating!
I was very hopeful that I had found the solution I was looking for. I needed a way to geotag photos taken on location. I needed this app to upload GPX files to Dropbox. That is where it has failed. Apparently the link to Dropbox is no longer valid. I contacted the developer a few days ago, but no reply. I would not mind using iCloud sync with the desktop app, but not going to pay more money for the desktop version if I can’t get the features I already paid for to work. I guess the search continues!
A Must Have for Outdoor and Off-road Use
I use this app almost everyday. I always record my hiking trips with it. It's a fast and reliable app for recording tracks. It has a ton of features for a professional but is easy enough to use by a casual user. I had been using it for months before I discovered a lot of the details features it has included. This is one of the best nav app I have used. Easy to import and export tracks.
I use it mostly to record my routes and analyze them later but sometimes I pre plan routes and waypoints. The details track stats and playback are a must have. There even are measuring tools included for planning purposes. I love the way it syncs both to my iPad and my Mac. This allows me to record data and analyze it on my Mac.
The other day I took it out on an unfamiliar trail and lost my bearings. I used this app to find my way back which was awesome. I will never go out without using this app again.
Overall a well done app with great support!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Oct 14, 2017
- Version: 3.0.9
- Size: 21.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: David Morneault
- © 2011 David Morneault
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Also Included In
Top In-App Purchases
- GPS Tracks Pro$19.99
- Datum Add-On Pack$2.99