"One of the better GPS apps for sporting enthusiasts for the iPhone..."
- Bryan Wolfe, AppAdvice.com
Do you want to track your outdoor activities?
Do you need to navigate to waypoints?
Do you want to store your favorite destinations?
GPS Tracks is an ideal app for your outdoor navigational needs, it makes navigating to a specific point and tracking your outdoor activities very simple. It will keep track of your activities and allow you to easliy navigate to coordinates.
GPS Tracks is now available for the Mac in the Mac App Store! GPS Tracks is one of the only tracking applications to sync data between iOS and OS X.
No login or account required, just turn it on and go!
Use Applications -
• Great for hiking offline, running, walking, and biking to track your route!
• Great for photographers who need to track location data for their pictures!
• Great for hunters and fishermen who need to store specific locations!
• Great for military navigational applications!
• Track your location/route of your activity
• Store favorite locations
• Take GPS static observations to average current location for more accurate waypoints
• Easily navigate to waypoints with the waypoint guide on the compass
• Add fully editable waypoints on the fly to your current track either manually or from you favorite locations
• Add a vector as a waypoint with angle and distance
• Convert between four sets of coordinates (Decimal, DMS, MGRS, UTM) anytime
• Glide Ratio is viewable and tracked during recording
• Use degrees or mils for the compass
• Add MGRS Grid overlay to map
• Create routes to follow manually before you start your track
• GPS Tracks uses WGS84 datum, over 220 datums available with an In-App purchase.
• Map measuring tools allow you to measure area and distance on the map
• Draw or drop pins to measure
Apple Watch App
• Track your activity directly with your Apple Watch without your iPhone
• Will save your workouts to the Health app from the watch (only the watch app uses HealthKit)
• iCloud syncing (will sync between Mac, iPad, and iPhone version)
• Import/Export to Dropbox, iCloud Drive, or iTunes File Sharing
• Send locations to the Navigon/TomTom/Google app or the default Maps app for driving directions
• Share your location with friends with a text message (SMS) or email with a direct link to your location on a map
• Import and export tracks/coordinates in a GPX, KML, BIN, CSV, or NMEA format
• Email exported files
• Export track with photos to KMZ file to export your photos taken during the track
• View your track on the map with the ability to replay the route
• View detailed statistics of the track
• View the waypoints saved with each track
• Change track color
There are many other great features.
GPS Tracks Pro (Auto-Renewing Yearly Subscription In-App Purchase)
• Use Mapbox maps, USGS, NOAA nautical charts, FAA charts, and many other alternate map sources
• Save maps for offline use
• Use custom Map Tile Server URLs
• Subscription syncs via iCloud to other devices
GPS Tracks Pro Subscriptions Available:
1-year subscription - $19.99 (automatically renewed until canceled)
SUBSCRIBERS’ AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL FEATURE:
Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of your current period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal, as stated above, within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Current subscribers may not be canceled during the active subscription period, but you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Added support for Siri Shortcuts
• Added support for iOS 12
• Many other improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This IS the app you're looking for..
I reviewed several GPS apps and bought too many useless ones before I found this one. Whatever your application, this is your app. On road or most especially off. It is feature rich and takes a little time to learn all it can do but it's worth every moment and penny. We use it for planning and tracking kayaking trips, mostly on local rivers and waterways. You can review, plan, map, and execute your track by land or water anywhere you can bring up on the map with this tool. Satellite or roadmap views. How far it is from bridge A to bridge B on that river? Go to Tracks tab and trace every bend and oxbow and know exact distance before you hit the water. Looks good? Name it and save it and this app will guide you down the track you planned. Ditto for hiking. Need a more detailed map? With a reasonable annual subscription a huge array of professional maps for various applications are available for purchase and can be download for permanent offline access.
Driving, hiking, biking, navigating the waterways, this is your guide.
Best in Class, all the way
I very much admire and highly recommend this app; it has everything we need and more (but not lots of stuff we don't need). It is frequently updated, and the developer is always working to keep it going strong. I would love to see capability to add video clips of, say, 10 seconds, to waypoints (instead of single photos), and -- most of all -- I would like to have Pro version access higher-resolution satellite imagery. What is gets now is usually not as useful as Google Earth imagery; for the price of the GPS Tracks Pro subscription, imagery should be at least as good as Google Earth. For ease of use and reliability, GPS Tracks is the best of class!
A Must Have for Outdoor and Off-road Use
I use this app almost everyday. I always record my hiking trips with it. It's a fast and reliable app for recording tracks. It has a ton of features for a professional but is easy enough to use by a casual user. I had been using it for months before I discovered a lot of the details features it has included. This is one of the best nav app I have used. Easy to import and export tracks.
I use it mostly to record my routes and analyze them later but sometimes I pre plan routes and waypoints. The details track stats and playback are a must have. There even are measuring tools included for planning purposes. I love the way it syncs both to my iPad and my Mac. This allows me to record data and analyze it on my Mac.
The other day I took it out on an unfamiliar trail and lost my bearings. I used this app to find my way back which was awesome. I will never go out without using this app again.
Overall a well done app with great support!
Update - The new cloud sync is awesome, very fast and no more issues, well done guys!
Thank you for your purchase and for the great review. I work very hard to make this the best app it can be so it is awesome to hear from customers like yourself. If you have any questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GPS Tracks Pro
Download unlimited maps for offline use.
- David Morneault
- 55.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 David Morneault
- In-App Purchases
- GPS Tracks Pro $19.99
- Datum Add-On Pack $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.