One of the best navigation apps in the IOS App Store comes to the Mac App Store!
GPS Tracks for the Mac is one of the best apps for editing and creating routes on your Mac. Sync all of your saved tracks from GPS Tracks to the app for editing and reviewing. It's also perfect for editing GPX or KML files.
- Sync all of your saved tracks and waypoints to and from GPS Tracks for IOS
Create and Edit Routes and Tracks
- Edit tracks created from GPS Tracks or imported from a file
- Delete selected points from a track
- Merge tracks
- Split tracks
- Cut a selected path from a current track to create a new track
- Create routes to follow manually before you start your track
- Create routes from a set of waypoints
- View Track statistics
- Export tracks to GPX, KML, KMZ, or CSV
- Export multiple tracks into one file
Create and Edit Waypoints
- Add or edit waypoints saved to the app
- Create waypoints from map searches
- Customize each waypoint with a pin color
- Convert between four sets of coordinates (Decimal, DMS, MGRS, UTM) anytime
- Add MGRS Grid overlay to map
- View and replay saved tracks
- View interactive statistical graph for each track
- View each waypoint saved with each track
• Support for Mojave
• Many other speed improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This is the path tracker I’ve been looking for, for quite a while, and I use it for motorcycle rides. I ended up spending fifty bucks or so with separate app purchases for iPhone and iPad (and optional subscription), and they all work differently enough that it takes a bit of getting used to. You can sync your routes on iCloud and/or Dropbox and in multiple file formats. The tracking hasn’t skipping on me once, a very common problem in the same area with several other trackers.
A few bugs here and there, such as the Waypoint menu disappearing on the iPhone, and not being able to resync reliably after you’ve changed a route name, but it seems like a current product so I’ll look for improvements. I’m also hoping for the ability to drop a waypoint during an active track record, but it could be there and I haven’t found it yet.
Many thanks to the developer, it’s a nice functional app.
Great app to review tracks
I enjoy using GPS Tracks to review tracks of various trips. I don’t begin to use all of the features, but maybe in the future. I have the desktop version as well as the iPad version and it’s great to be able to work on the desktop and then view on the iPad.
I have contacted the developed on more than one occasion; I have had problems and have requested features. He is VERY responsive. If it’s a bug, he’ll fix it; if it’s a request, he will consider adding it if at all possible.
All in all, it’s a great app and I’m very happy with it.
Didn't do what I needed
I'm looking for a Mac program that will allow me to take a pre-recorded track, display it and create a "clean" track over it for sharing. I was not able to figure out how to use this software to create a new track or add new points to an existing track. You can remove points and split tracks, but it apparently does not allow you to click on the map to add new points to a track. When I went to the support site, there was only support offered for iPad and iPhone apps. Think carefully before purchasing.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.