gps4cam - Geotag Your Photos
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Geotag the photos you take with your favorite digital camera. Thanks to gps4cam, you will never again waste your time trying to find out where you took a specific picture - from now on, all your photos will be localized! The App works with all camera brands and there is no need to synchronize manually your camera and your iPhone. What’s more, you can use gps4cam without connecting to a network, which is perfect for trips abroad.
DPREVIEW: A great tool for photographers, gps4cam is compatible with every image format (jpg, raw, tiff...) and is the ideal accessory for every kind of digital camera
TUAW: GPS4CAM works flawlessly and quickly, and is an excellent addition to the app library of any photographer with an iPhone
You can use gps4cam in 3 steps:
- Launch gps4cam and press the ‘Start a new trip’ button.
- At the end of your trip, press the ‘Export’ button, which will generate a 2D bar code. Take a picture with your camera of this screen.
- To upload the pictures on your mac or pc, you can use gps4cam desktop (free download on our website). This software will geotag automatically your pictures.
- No need to synchronize manually the time and date of your iPhone and your camera
- Share one bar code with several cameras
- Date your photos with iPhone data
- Visualize the trip and different capture points on a map
- Share the geotagged pictures on websites like Flickr, Picasa or Panoramio
- Organize the geotagged pictures with software like iPhoto, Aperture or Lightroom (mac or pc).
- Works with all camera brands including Canon, Nikon, Sony and Panasonic
- Geotag all the usual image formats (jpg, raw, tiff...)
- Contextual help and instructions
- Complete FAQ
- Guided tour
- Multilingual (English, French, German and Dutch)
- Possibility to extend the GPS search
- Possibility to name your trip
- GPX export
4 MODES, 4 WAYS OF USING THE APP
- Standard: one capture every 1, 5 or 10 minutes
- Precise: one capture every 30 seconds
- Energy saving: localization via GSM antennas (only on iPhone 3Gs and iPhone 4)
- Manual: Capture by shaking the iPhone
Note: Continued use of GPS can dramatically decrease battery life. To save battery, use the Energy Saving Mode or the Manual mode.
- "You could purchase a GPS peripheral for your camera or add the location information to each photo manually—or give gps4cam a try. (...) Great app." (MacLife)
- "If you are a photographer and you have an iPhone, gps4cam is the iPhone app you need!" (onextrapixel.com)
- "Very useful iPhone app." (The-Digital-Picture.com)
- "This app works really well and is a very good and inexpensive way to geotag all of your images." (digitalphotobuzz.com)
- "What if you want to geotag pictures from another digital camera? Now, there is an app for that!" (photographyblog.com)
- "Overall, it's a brilliant idea that's well executed and well priced." (learningdslr.com)
What's New in Version 7.8.2
Bug fix: Preferences' tab freezing on iPhone 4" screens
Great little app
Works great for adding geo-meta data to photos from my DSLR. It will drain your battery quickly depending on the settings. Like others note, ability to edit exit data would be a big plus
Easy to use and works well
Simple to use and works well. The developer is always responsive to emails too.
Not what expected
Expected editing gps of picture metadata or change picture gps. Instead it records where you went. Up to you to figure out how to edit meta tags in your pictures.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jul 14, 2014
- Version: 7.8.2
- Size: 16.3 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German
- Seller: SYSMIGO
- © 2009-2014 SYSMIGO.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.