Lose Yourself Without Getting Lost!
Thousands of self-guided walking tours, travel articles, and offline city maps in 1,000+ cities around the world included in this handy app.
The app turns your mobile device into a personal tour guide using its built-in GPS functions. The thousands of self-guided walking tours and travel articles will guide you to the landmarks, historical sites, museums, restaurants, nightlife venues and other interesting spots in over 1,000 cities worldwide.
All the walking tours and articles included in this app operate OFFLINE without any need of cellular data plan or Internet connection, so you need not worry about expensive roaming when traveling abroad. The app is a must-have for all travelers!
The highlights and main features of the app include:
* Self-guided walking tours guide you to discover destinations on your own.
* Thousands of travel articles make planning a trip really easy.
* Detailed offline city maps.
* Ability to create your own walking tour to visit the attractions that interest you.
* All walking tours come with detailed walking tour maps.
* Create self-guided walk to visit the attractions featured in travel article.
* The "FindMe" feature displaying your exact location plus Auto Tracking feature displaying your movement on the map, so you always know if you are moving in the right direction.
* Get Route function to dynamically create a walk route from your current location to a selected attraction.
This revolutionary application makes bus tours obsolete. You no longer need to hop on a tour bus or join a tour group; now you can explore all of the best attractions on your own, at your own pace, and at a cost that is only a fraction of what you would normally pay for a guided tour.
This app supports subscription which allows you to access all the walking tours and articles in this app at one low price.
How The Annual Subscription Works:
* For $12.99 you will get access to the full version functions in all the 480 city walks guides (London, Rome, Paris, Tokyo, etc.) included in this app for one year. Travel articles are not included in this subscription.
* For $12.99, you will get access to the full version functions in all the travel articles in 900+ cities worldwide (London, Rome, Paris, Tokyo, etc.) included in this app for one year. City walks guides are not included in this subscription.
* For $18.99, you will get access to the full version functions in all the 480 city walking guides plus travel articles in over 900 cities for one year. Together they cover over 1,000 cities worldwide
* A 3-day Free Trial is provided under each subscription upgrade offer. Your account will not be charged anything as long as you cancel the subscription at least 24 hours before the end of the Free Trial.
* Your annual subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renewal is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
* Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at the confirmation of the subscription purchase or after the Free Trial has completed.
* You may turn off the auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. This app gives you the option to turn off the GPS tracking in the background to prolong the battery life.
Note: This app relies on GPS for its navigation functions. For best experience, it is recommended to use the app on iPhone and iPad cellular+wifi models. It is not recommended to use the app on iPad wifi-only models due to lack of built-in GPS support in these models.
Visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com for more information.
- Fixed a few bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Cheaper than a guided tour
Okay, I see some negative reviews about the map and the clunky app, but I have to say for the price, and yes, including the new yearly subscription, it’s still very worth it. I have used 6 of the paid tours and a few free ones with GPSmyCity. I started with the free, but when I paid for the upgrades (less than $5 at the time), I was pleased. Because I travel at least once or twice a year, I’m willing to pay the subscription mainly to support the team.
I just recently came back from Florence where my wife and I spent over $200 for a private guided walking tour that included a fantastic lunch. No complaints, the guide was great and we learned a lot, but it was only 4 hours long and we were at his mercy. For less than $20 using this app, we would’ve been able to map out the tour we wanted, read in advance, and take our time. Yes, you can use Google and Pocket Earth and other free tools, but come on - for $20 you can get a well organized and fun tour with a pretty decent offline map. Spending hundreds in flight and hotels, I don’t $20 for something that would cost 3 times or more for a true guided tour.
Oh, and the support team has been awesome for times when I did have problems with the app. I’ve been using them for years and will continue to do so. Don’t let the few negative ads steer you away - give it a shot...
Superb travel guide
I visited Kraków Poland for the first time with my daughter. We thought it would be ideal to have a self-guide in an app to use so we could go on our own schedule to visit sites, and not be limited by the schedule of a regular local guide. I found the GPSmyCity city app and set up a tour in several parts of the city. It worked wonderfully and we had a great day. It really allowed us to go to the sites, learn about them from the description in the app, but also stop in any little shop we found along the way. It has made me think that it is much easier to get to know a city. I am going to use it for my own city of Boston. I highly recommend it even if someone is going to work with a local guide. And I thought the cost to purchase all the data for a city was very reasonable for just 4.99. I did not have any ads to worry about and the app just worked great.
My absolute best sightseeing app - you owe t to yourself to give it a try!
I have used GPSmyCity all over the world - it is the best app to use if you like charting your own way through destinations. Walk categories are arranged to appeal to those with varied interests and you can also set up custom routes. This is my must have app for my travel! I have used this app in over a dozen different travel destinations from Kuala Lumpur to Lucca to Copenhagen. I no longer travel without first looking to see if there is a city maps and walks edition for the city I am traveling to. The app provides so much flexibility to set your itinerary, allowing you to select only those things that you wish to see. The maps are accurate and the app will establish the most efficient walking route based on the points of interest selected. Try it once, you will love it.
- GPSmyCity.com, Inc.
- 114.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011 GPSmyCity.com Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Walks and Articles Yearly Subs $18.99
- City Walks Yearly Subscription $12.99
- Paris Guide $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.