By C Godefroy
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GPSRecorder turns your iPhone in a GPS recording device. Use it to record your walks, share them and geotag your pictures
GPSRecorder displays the compass if you have an iPhone 3GS or 4 so that you can instantly know all that is important about your position : both geolocation and direction/North. If you can connect to the internet, an instant map is also available to find where you are and browse.
You can afterwards review your previous tracks on your phone, including interactive map, distance and speed travelled, or export one as a gpx and a KML file for use with other software (GPX is lingua franca for Locations). You can use it with google earth to review your trails on the desktop. You can directly export to houdah gps on the mac to geotag a large amount of pictures rapidly.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.5.3
Corrected a bug when creating a new, and deleting a track: points were kept in the database, which can cause errors on new tracks.
To fully correct the bug, you'll need to reset the database using one of these how to:
- plug your iPhone and launch iTunes on your computer. Access the apps tab of your iPhone and access the shared documents part. Select GPSRecorder and delete the database called gps.sqlite. It will be recreated next time you start the app.
- delete the app from your iPhone and reinstall it from iTunes.
not so handy
- Works with HoudahGPS for geo tagging to photos.
- Inexpensive price.
- Consumes battery so quickly. You can't use this app a day.
- Doesn't run on background. If do, GPSRecorder fails logging. Worse-more, sometime it keep running on some part so that it consumes battery. It never stops even terminating the app nor rebooting the iPhone.
- Graphics and UI are not fancy.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jun 24, 2011
- Version: 4.5.3
- Size: 0.8 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: Cyril Godefroy
- © Cyril Godefroy
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.