By Rangda Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* Create GPX log files for geotagging your photographs
* Tune GPS settings to trade off accuracy vs battery life
* Set battery limits to automatically turn off logging
* Set time limits to automatically turn off logging at a certain time
* Does not require a cellular connection
* Uses cloud service provider Dropbox to wirelessly and automatically sync the log files back to your computer (free account sign up required for this service)
* Universal app compatible with all iOS devices with GPS
* Alternatively, iTunes file sharing can be used to download the log files
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This app requires a GPS-enabled device to be really useful. Without GPS on your device, you will be able to view GPX logs, but you will not be able to generate them with much accuracy.
What's New in Version 1.10
Small bug fixes including fixing a problem that could cause background updates to suspend in iOS6.
Great app and great support
The author of this app is very supportive! A bug was fixed and released in 5 days! And support was equally great.
But regarding using this app for tagging photos ... It is really well done. Some complain about using drop box but I find it easier than email. The data is everywhere you need it.
Easy to export GPX data
I'm giving 4 stars because GPX master lacks the ability to place waypoints. I'm looking for an app to further my OpenStreetMap VGI efforts. What I want is a button to 'flag' a waypoint with metadata, allowing me to record locations of landmarks.
The good news, It syncs to Dropbox, so I don't spend any time (or money) trying to get the data out of my phone. It's also very easy to use!
Great App that has the best configurability I've found. I especially like it saving the file to drop box with a date-time file name. I wish it would be upgraded to iOS 10 (still works but is lethargic). Would like to point files to iCloud or Google drive. Files work great with Adobe Lightroom.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Feb 28, 2013
- Version: 1.10
- Size: 16.1 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: Ronald Miller
- © 2010 Ron Miller
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.