By Rangda Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* Create GPX log files for geotagging your photographs
* Tune GPS settings to trade off accuracy vs battery life
* Set battery limits to automatically turn off logging
* Set time limits to automatically turn off logging at a certain time
* Does not require a cellular connection
* Uses cloud service provider Dropbox to wirelessly and automatically sync the log files back to your computer (free account sign up required for this service)
* Universal app compatible with all iOS devices with GPS
* Alternatively, iTunes file sharing can be used to download the log files
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This app requires a GPS-enabled device to be really useful. Without GPS on your device, you will be able to view GPX logs, but you will not be able to generate them with much accuracy.
What's New in Version 1.10
Small bug fixes including fixing a problem that could cause background updates to suspend in iOS6.
Not good for displaying waypoints
Importing a .gpx file that contains hundreds of waypoints that are not part of a track or route (containing an Amateur Radio Repeater Directory) renders connection lines between all waypoints. The app appears to assume a track or route and connects all of the waypoints. Waypoints that are not part of a track or route should simply be rendered stand-alone. I was hoping to use this as a visual Amateur Radio Repeater Directory but just deleted this App after observing the improper rendering of stand-alone waypoints.
With the right setting, you can get one location per second. Dropbox integration is fine and adding kml file generation would be perfect!
Great app - love Dropbox integration
Not the most beautiful app in the world (-1 star) but otherwise well done and I love the Dropbox integration.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Feb 28, 2013
- Version: 1.10
- Size: 16.1 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: Ronald Miller
- © 2010 Ron Miller
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.