Grab - Ride Hailing App
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Get a safe and reliable ride in minutes with Grab transportation booking service (formerly GrabTaxi / MyTeksi) . With the largest pool of drivers in Southeast Asia, Grab offers the fastest transport booking service for taxis, private cars and motorbikes.
We connect our driver community to your transportation needs for every price points:
• GrabTaxi: Book a budget or premium taxi from Southeast Asia’s largest network of drivers.
• GrabCar: Ride in comfort of a private car service and pay a fixed fare for your ride.
• GrabBike: Get around quickest way possible, as a bike passenger.
• GrabHitch: Hitch a ride or give someone a lift with our social carpooling community.
• GrabShare: Carpool with another party heading in the same direction and save up to 30% less on fares.
• JustGrab: Get the nearest vehicle, either a taxi or car, so you can be on your way faster!
• GrabFamily: Enjoy peace of mind, with a child friendly booster seat for your youngest travellers.
• GrabExpress: Send your parcels and documents with a delivery service you can trust.
Travel with confidence knowing that Grab invests heavily in safety training for drivers, offline driver screenings, in-app safety features like number masking, personal accident insurance coverage, and safety education and partnerships with the government.
Pay by cash, credit card or GrabPay Credits - the choice is yours. You’ll get an email receipt immediately after your ride.
How to Grab:
1. Download the app for free and register your account
2. Start booking! The app auto-detects your location for pick-up. Choose your destination.
3. Choose what kind of transportation you need - taxi, private cars or motorbikes.
4. Confirm a driver and track them as they make their way to you
Did you know:
You can use the same Grab app to book rides in all 7 countries: Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines and Myanmar.
What's New in Version 4.35.0
This update contains a bunch of code clean-ups for better app performance so you can continue to book Grab rides easily and effortlessly.
Really Great App with a few shortcomings
Love many features of the app: Just Grab is great, car options are very diverse, and love the ability to add multiple destinations for a trip. Grab also has a very easy messaging interface, and seemingly better GPS than Uber. Plus, the reward program is AWESOME.
The one major objection is that you can't cancel a request once made and before a car is assigned. The only way to TRY to cancel a request is to shut down the app and even then I still sometimes get assigned a car after the app has been closed. You can only cancel once a car is assigned, which you get penalised for - this seems a bit unfair. Uber allows you to cancel mid-request which is helpful on both the passenger and driver side.
Also, it would be great to see an ETA during the trip as Uber has. To know my ETA with Grab I have to track on my own by GPS.
Horrible, unhelpful and unreliable. Worse driving service app.
I used this app once and had a horrible experience. I was going to try and give this app another chance but the customer service is USELESS. Their drivers are not trained at all as well. My driver did not understand how payments work with his app and wanted me to pay cash when I already paid with my card when requesting a ride. He just kept hassling me for about 30 minutes wanting me to pay cash. Security guards had to come and explain to him that I already paid him but he kept insisting me to give him cash. Not only that but My driver got lost and went the wrong direction and ended up having to pay toll because of his mistake. I ended up having to get charged for it. When I brought this up to customer service all they said was "sorry" and They wouldn't reimburse me my money.
You're better off using another driving service app if you want a smooth ride to your destination. This was the worse and most uncomfortable ride I have ever been on.
So far, so good.
Wish it would be a little more intelligent about suggesting addresses (auto complete) taking both my current location and favorites. Otherwise runs pretty well. Price usually competitive with Uber and has much more frequent promotions.
Removed one star bc app ALWAYS asking for a review, even after i gave one. Very annoying. Throws flow off. So there, initially gave it 5 but down to 4 now. Will go down to 3 if this continues into next month. ;)
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Sep 07, 2017
- Version: 4.35.0
- Size: 118 MB
- Languages: English, Burmese, Indonesian, Malay, Simplified Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
- Seller: GRABTAXI HOLDINGS PTE. LTD.
- © GrabTaxi Holdings
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.