Grabbit is a screen capture utility that sits in the menu bar, so it is always available and you don't need to remember the standard complicated key combinations.
Just click on the Grabbit menu icon and choose the type of capture you want: Full Screen, Window or Area of the screen. You can also take a "Time Lapse" - a number of screen shots over a period of time.
It's simple, fast and not cluttered with features that you'll never use.
Grabbit is fully configurable:
- Use the menu bar icon or configure your own keyboard shortcuts
- Choose the location of the save files
- Add a copy of the image to the Clipboard, so you can just paste into emails and other documents
- Choose the filename template (subsequent captures add a number to the end)
- Include or exclude the mouse cursor
- Include or exclude the window's shadow
- Turn on or off the camera sounds
- Fixed a bug in the timelapse directory selection
Ratings and Reviews
Simple, less complicated than other screen capture apps
I was using this app to capture windows, fullscreen, and selected areas in a few minutes after I installed it. No fuss, no bother. I find it superior to other products that I’ve used and I wish I had found if earlier.
The app icon is in the menu bar so its easy to use and does not clutter your screen. To select a function, you simple click on the icon. You can set the preferences or quit the app also by clicking on the icon.
Via preferences you can choose
- Save Format (JPG, PNG,TIFF, PDF)
- Copy to Clipboard
- Save Location (folder)
- Files Start with (prefix for files with a numeric suffix)
- Include cursor for full screen
- Include shadow for Window
- Enable Camera Sounds
- Lauch at Login
- Time Lapse to automatically capture screenshots over time
- ability to set your own shortcut keys for selecting, Full Screen, Window, or Area
Works great, as advertised - suggest one improvement
Grabbit works very well as advertised as a screen/window capture-and-paste app. No problem. However, MOST Safari/IE pages are longer than a single window. Please consider an upgrade (SOOON) that will allow a scrolling capture to take in a whole page when the page is larger than one screenful, e.g. Safari.
Very Pleased: Does what it says
Its easy to take photos now, I could never remember how to do it, so this program works perfectly.
It sits up in my menu bar and I press it when I need a photo and thats it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.