Get a safe and reliable ride in minutes with Grab transportation booking service (formerly GrabTaxi / MyTeksi). With the largest pool of drivers in Southeast Asia, Grab offers the fastest transport booking service for taxis, private cars and motorbikes.
We connect our driver community to your transportation needs for every price point:
• GrabTaxi: Book a budget or premium taxi from Southeast Asia’s largest network of drivers.
• GrabCar: Ride in comfort of a private car service and pay a fixed fare for your ride.
• GrabBike: Get around in quickest way possible - as a bike passenger.
• GrabHitch: Hitch a ride or give someone a lift with our social carpooling community.
• GrabShare: Carpool with another party heading in the same direction and save up to 30% more on fares.
• JustGrab: Get the nearest vehicle, either a taxi or car, so you can be on your way faster!
• GrabFamily: Enjoy peace of mind, with a child friendly booster seat for your youngest travellers.
• GrabExpress: Send your parcels and documents with a delivery service you can trust.
Travel with confidence knowing that Grab invests heavily in safety training for drivers, offline driver screenings, in-app safety features like number masking, personal accident insurance coverage, and safety education and partnerships with the government.
Pay by cash, credit card or GrabPay Credits - the choice is yours. You’ll get an email receipt immediately after your ride.
How to Grab:
1. Download the app for free and register your account
2. Start booking! The app auto-detects your location for pick-up. Choose your destination.
3. Choose what kind of transportation you need - taxi, private cars or motorbikes.
4. Confirm a driver and track them as they make their way to you
Did you know:
You can use the same Grab app to book rides in all 8 countries: Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Myanmar and Cambodia.
Fresh in is a brand new booking experience...
• Always pick the right location with suggestions, search, or simply by adjusting the map
• Less clutter on the map screen, focusing on trip options that matter
• A more beautiful experience overall, no more annoying green screen as we find you a driver!
… and a completely redesigned rewards catalogue
• Find rewards easily by category
• Say goodbye to the endless scroll, just filter and sort to find exactly what you want
• Discover special deals that keep it fresh!
Ratings and Reviews
Uber must have messed up bad here
Aside from Uber’s terrible business practices, they were very useful with their app. It was rarely glitchy and support came along rather quickly to resolve issues as a driver and a rider.
I heard Uber folded to Grab and wondered how much better is this app for Uber to fold? No idea. Drivers keep missing turns. App saying our driver is cancelled and having to rebook apparently didn’t let the driver know since they called us wondering where we were. Wait times listed at 15 minutes came in 2, 5 minutes in 40, etc. it’s rather atrocious. Folks who lefts earlier than I did were not at their destination.
Now to support- I submitted a support while in the USA asking why I can’t add my credit card. I got a a form letter saying someone will look at it then a letter saying no one looks at that email address. What? Fine. (Apparently you have to be in a supported country for Grab Pay to work. Got it. I didn’t find that on their website.) In Cambodi, we took a tuk tuk using Grab. At the end of the ride, the driver asked for cash even tho I had my card attached. I guess he didn’t have it set up. Whatever, I’ll dispute with Grab. Once the ride was done, the payment wouldn’t go through and my GrabPay locked up. Submitted a support ticket and it asked me to keep trying and then send them a screen shot of the error. Done. That was 2 days ago. That’s rather terrible. I never thought I’d say I missed Uber. But alas, here I am.
Interface and service worse than Uber, so many pop ups
Every time you open the app, there is a pop up advertisement. It gets annoying real fast. I don’t want Grab for your ads, I want it for the service. When it comes to the service, Uber was far superior, but then Uber in Southeast Asia sold to Grab. However, users are still left with the crappy Grab interface and worse service than Uber. It’s harder to get a taxi with Grab because it seems like Grab let’s the drivers decide whether to accept your request or not, unlike Uber which would assign requests. As a result, I’ve spent 5-10 minutes trying to get a Grab without success, probably because I wasn’t going somewhere central. Further, it does not appear that Grab has brought into its system the many Uber drivers. The number of drivers actually seems somehow fewer than when you had both Uber and Grab in Thailand. I’m forced to use Grab because there’s no competitor, but the experience is sub par. I’ve also been trying to add another credit card for over a month, and every time Grab gives me a random error saying it can’t save. I use this card on every other App I use. How hard is it for a company to mess up the capability to add a credit card? For Grab, it’s pretty easy.
Good, Not Great
Grab is a decent app, especially when compared to its biggest competitor GO-JEK. I am currently living in Indonesia for work, but have only been here a short time and so have not learned the language (yet). I LOVE that the Grab app includes automatic translation for me, which makes it hugely preferable for me when choosing between Grab and GO-JEK. I also feel that (just in my experience) the Grab drivers are consistently friendlier and more professional.
On the other hand, the Grab app is not always reliable. It is often slow to launch (3-4 minutes), and has on occasion crashed entirely while en route, causing the driver to ask me for directions even though I had never been to the place we were going before. I also had been paying by card through the app, and when it crashed I had to scramble to come up with cash to pay the driver. (I even checked my card in the coming days to see if the transaction would go through later—it did not.)
Overall this is a decent app. As a foreigner it makes my life easier most of the time. It could definitely use some improvement though.
- GRABTAXI HOLDINGS PTE. LTD.
- 245.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Burmese, Cambodian, Indonesian, Malay, Simplified Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © GrabTaxi Holdings
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.