First Step Grade 1 Math is a unique app combining comprehensive learning with high quality entertainment and fun for children ages 4 to 8 years. The app has a captivating Zoo Picnic theme that keeps children engaged and motivated while learning new skills. Children answer math questions to earn coins that they can use to add more animals to the zoo and to buy picnic items. Dinah, the dinosaur is the zoo guide who helps children navigate through the zoo and the math questions. Children can take a break and visit the interactive zoo where they learn quick facts about the animals. The app contains kid friendly rich graphics, animations, voices, and intuitive click, drag and drop type question templates that are easy for children to follow without parent or teacher supervision. The app is aligned to common core standards and with over 900 questions focused on developing core math skills in five areas: 1). Counting, 2). Addition, 3). Subtraction, 4). Geometry, and 5). Time.
Hurry, take advantage of the introductory discount pricing for a limited time only.
- FUN ZOO THEME: An extremely engaging theme for kids where the friendly zoo animals are having a picnic. Children can play with the interactive animals in the zoo.
- MOTIVATING GAMEPLAY: By answering questions, children earn coins that they can use to add animals to the zoo and get things the animals need for the picnic. Add new animals such as parrot, panda, tiger, elephant etc. The more you play more the fun!
- PERSONALIZED LEARNING: The app adjusts difficulty level to match child’s performance and learning requirements. Auto-solve helps kids get to the right solution for each question. Real-time feedback and performance reports are provided for students and parents.
- CORE MATH SKILLS: Grade 1 math skills based on Common Core State Standards. More than 900 questions and 100+ skills have been covered.
- GUIDED VOICEOVER: Dinah, the dinosaur guides the children through the zoo, and questions and answers. This helps with better understanding of the content and improves retention.
- RICH GRAPHICS: The user interface is simple and clear with lots of great animations so that question solving is fun. There are a large variety of question templates and high quality pictures to keep the children engaged throughout the sessions.
- ANIMAL QUICK FACTS: The app also provides fun facts about the animals in the zoo to add to the learning experience. Example it tells where the animals are from, what they eat, etc.
1st Grade app topics focus on four critical areas: (1) developing understanding of addition, subtraction, and strategies for addition and subtraction; (2) developing understanding of whole number relationships and place value, including grouping in ones, tens, twos, fives; (3) developing understanding of analog and digital clocks including reading calendar; and (4) reasoning about attributes of, and composing and decomposing geometric shapes.
- Counting by 10’s and 1’s, Counting by 2’s, 5’s and 10’s
- Counting forward and backward
- Identifying odd and even numbers, ordinal numbers, comparing, estimation etc.
- Addition with and without pictures
- Add by 1’s, 2’s, 5’s, and 10’s
- Addition sentences,facts, Adding 3 numbers and hundreds, Word problems etc.
- Subtraction with and without pictures,sentences
- Subtracting 0 and all, subtracting doubles, subtraction facts, word problems etc.
- Identifying 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional figures
- Counting sides, vertices and faces, relate planar and solid objects etc.
- Reading calendar, analog and digital clocks
- Identifying A.M. or P.M.
App available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Reach us any time with questions, feedback or comments: email@example.com
- Transitioning to new animal safari theme
- Updated questions, storyline, and graphics
Ratings and Reviews
Hate this app👿💩👺
So today l downloaded this App and all a sudden this teacher 👩🏫 made me pay so that’s the first thing that got me mad and then l asked my sister Hayley if she wanted to play with me but she is in 4rth grade so she couldn’t do it👺So then my two friends Ava and Abby l put their names in. But they couldn’t do it either because my friend Abby HATES MATH and Ava my other friend is on 3rd grade so she can’t either have a nice day
Creative math app
Another great creative math app from LogTera that allows children to learn math by playing games and have fun at the same time. App allows young kids to understand fundamental math concepts in a very natural way. This app has a well-developed storyline, nice graphics and simple animation. The color combinations are pleasing to young kids. Rewards are exciting for kids as children earn gold coins by answering math questions correctly.
The math problems, which make up all of the learning value, are well integrated into the zoo game.
I highly recommend this to young kids and their parents.
We love this game!!
My kids love playing these games & I love how much they're learning while they play!! The games are just challenging enough to give them practice at what they know & also learn more!! They love earning coins to buy new animals & accessories for their zoos!! We definitely recommend this app!!
- LogTera Inc
- 199.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-14 LogTera inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Access to All Categories (full access) $5.99
- Access to Counting Category $1.99
- Access to Addition Category $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.