LogTera 2nd Grade Math app provides a fun learning for children ages 4 to 8 years. The app has a captivating Safari theme that keeps children engaged and motivated while learning new skills. Children answer math questions to earn coins that they can use to get animals to the safari and to buy play items. The safari guide helps children navigate through the math questions. Children can take a break and visit the interactive safari where they can play with the animals. The app contains kid-friendly rich graphics, animations, voices, and intuitive click, drag and drop type questions that are easy for children to follow without parent or teacher supervision. The content is aligned to common core standards and with over 1500 questions focused on developing core math skills in eleven areas: 1). Number Sense, 2). Addition, 3). Subtraction, 4). Multiplication, 5). Division, 6). Time 7.) Money 8.) Measurement 9.) Geometry 10.) Data and Graphs 11.) Strategic Operations
This app offers two payment options: Monthly Subscription for $0.99/month or Buy Now for $5.99.
Details of auto-renewing Monthly Subscription. Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. The account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
- FUN SAFARI THEME & AVATARS: Interactive friendly animals in the Safari, Avatars
- MOTIVATING GAMEPLAY: By answering questions, children earn coins that they use to add animals (parrot, kangaroo, tiger, and elephant, etc.) to the Safari
- PERSONALIZED LEARNING: The app adjusts the difficulty level to match child’s performance and learning requirements. AUTO-SOLVE function for each question
- REPORTS: Real-time feedback and performance reports provided for learners, parents, teachers
- CORE MATH SKILLS: 2nd Grade math skills based on Common Core State Standards. More than 1500 questions and 100+ skills covered
- GUIDED VOICEOVER: This helps in better understanding of the concepts and improved retention
- RICH GRAPHICS: The user interface is simple and clean with great animations so that question answering is fun. Large variety of questions and high-quality images keep children engaged throughout the sessions
- Developed using LogTera MAPLE platform
Grade 2 app topics focus on four critical areas: (1) developing understanding of addition, subtraction, and strategies for addition and subtraction; (2) developing understanding of whole number relationships and place value, including grouping in ones, tens, twos, fives; (3) developing understanding of analog and digital clocks including reading calendar; and (4) developing understanding of basic multiplication and division concepts.
- Rounding to the nearest ten
- Place value through hundreds
- Counting patterns up to 1000, Roman numbers up to L, etc.
- Add 3 or more 1-digit numbers, Add 3 numbers up to 2-digits
- Balancing addition equations up to 3-digits
- Addition sentences Adding 3 numbers and hundreds, Word problems, etc.
- Multiplication up to table 10
- Multiplication sentences, Multiplication by zero and one
- Inequalities, Multiplication by 100, etc.
- Divisors and quotient up to 10
- Dividing with zero and one, etc.
- Reading clocks – half hours and quarter hours
- Comparing time units
App available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Reach us anytime with questions, feedback or comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
- UI Improvements.
- Bug Fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Wish levels could be reset
This used be be my daughter's favorite app, but now she has either completed the topic or they have become too challenging for her. Face it, I'm a college graduate with a masters degree & I don't even know what Roman numeral XLIV is, let alone a first grader! Wish you could reset the levels/topics so she could replay them. She hasn't played this app in several weeks n I used to not be able to get her off it! Would be 5 stars if could reset so kids could keep playing! Otherwise very educational & my daughter loves it.
I'm extremely happy with this app! During a recent upgrade it appeared that all of my grandson's data was lost, he was very sad. I sent a message to the tech support and they got the problem fixed right away, including a data restore! My grandson was so happy! I have even downloaded the first grade and third grade versions.
This is a wonderful way to learn/practice math skills. The added plus is that it tracks your scores for student and teacher to see their progress. I highly recommend this ap.
- LogTera Inc
- 216.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-17 LogTera inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Access to All Categories (full access) $5.99
- 2nd Grade Math - Monthly $0.99
- Access to Number Sense Category $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.