GrainProc is a real-time granular synthesizer with which you can create new sounds and musical textures by affecting your voice, your instrument, or any input from AudioBus. 2 grain engines run in parallel, allowing you to layer two sounds and create rich textures, even as a solo performer!
• 2 Granular synthesizers running in parallel
• Waveform representation of the sound allowing you to touch where you want the sound source to be
• Sliders to control dry volume, wet volume, feedback level, and grain density
• Visual level monitors of the dry, wet and feedback levels
• Simple enough to be used with your feet! We discourage using your device with your feet, though it has been used that way for public performances!
• bugfixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Simple, Immediate, Gratifying
Just picked this back up after using other granular apps, and the simple interface, with immediate understandable interface feedback, was gratifying. Not a substitute for other granular tools, but well worth having in the toolkit.
Likely needs an update
But, still cool. I’ve got a white block to the right of the blue page, and I’m not sure why it’s there. My install has never animated as it does in the demo videos. I’ve re-installed. No change.
iOS 11.4.1, no sound, unless there’s some secret button
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.