Grand Central Terminal
By Metropolitan Transit Authority
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The OFFICIAL app for Grand Central Terminal - and the ONLY app that seamlessly integrates real-time Metro-North train status and track updates with the definitive guide to Grand Central Terminal retail and dining. This app allows you to:
• Get personalized, up-to-the-minute Metro-North train updates, including train status and track information.
• Add a trip as a "favorite" for quick and easy access to schedules and trip info.
• Access exclusive offers from Grand Central Terminal retail shops, including Grand Central Market®.
• Get complete information on the latest Terminal events, including what's happening in Vanderbilt Hall.
• Explore the map and find places to eat, shop, have a cocktail, grab a snack, run an errand, and more.
• Explore 100 years of history of the Terminal using the interactive timeline.
• Discover the secrets and hidden gems of this New York City landmark.
What's New in Version 1.1
after bug fixing
Promising but disappointing
The app does the basics ok, but the interface needs a lot of work. Selecting a station for train times means scrolling through the whole list from "A" every time. There are no letters on the right to jump to and it doesn't remember your favorite stations. Are you on a train and trying to figure out when it gets in? Good luck because there's no way to see previous trains that have left the station. You just need go to the next day and load screens with a few entries at a time. Click...click...click...
I switched back to using the Metro North website, which is much better. OnTime is also a much better interface if you want a real app with cached data, but the web is always up to date.
The directory does not include floor maps, so it's not that useful for navigation either. And for an app that's most static screens it takes forever to load on my iPhone 5. I was really excited about the history tab to learn a bit, but it's just tiny pictures with one-line captions.
On the positive side it's a good looking app, but not as functional as it could be.
A wonderful and easy to navigate trip planner
When trying to get away many times one doesn't want the bother of bringing additional items with them on the commute to the train. This app allows you to plan your trip down to the minute and gives access to stores and restaurants for grabbing additional items for a picnic, a snack/drink while you wait, or picking up a gift or other needed item you didn't want to haul or forgot. Beautiful and simple to use.
Made my commute approximately 10 times better
I. love. this. app.
I don't have to stand in front of the board anymore to get my track number. Plus, I love that I can store my favorite trains.
I really dig how the app helps me find I want to do. Especially "eat a meal." There are so many places to grab food in Grand Central.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: May 14, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 14.5 MB
- Languages: English, German, Northern Sami, Spanish
- Seller: MTA/New York City Transit
- © 2013 MTA Metro-North Railroad
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.