Grand Clock - Chiming Grandfather Clock
By Ansette, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Take the most handsome and best sounding grandfather clock with you wherever you go. The comforting "Tick-tock" sound, gears, gongs, chimes and pendulum swing are realistically reproduced. Much care went to crafting the elegant look and sound of a handsome grandfather clock.
• Hear chimes even when Grand Clock isn't running, including when the screen is locked!
• Choose to have the high quality gong or a Gustav Becker clock play the Westminster chimes on the hour, half hour or every quarter hour.
• Choose a starting and ending hour for the chime, up to 12 hours apart
• All sounds are recorded and mastered from real clocks. Additional chimes are available to preview and purchase. Including St. Michael's, Whittington and additional Westminster clock chimes.
• Adjust the volume of each sound effect independently when the clock is on screen.
• Pinch to zoom out to see the entire clock and pendulum swing.
• Zoom in all the way to full screen to show just the clock face, which can be either numbers or roman numerals.
• Fully compatible with VoiceOver for the blind. The time is spoken with VoiceOver when the screen is tapped.
• Both landscape and portrait display orientations are supported.
Need help? Please go to www.ansette.com for usage tips. We are happy to answer questions sent through our web site, but we have no way to respond to questions placed in App Store reviews.
To enable chimes to sound when the app is not running in the foreground, go to Settings > Notifications, select Grand Clock, and enable notifications.
Please rate Grand Clock to help others find it in the App Store! Here are actual user reviews:
"Most authentic chimes I've heard on any computer."
"This app will turn heads."
"So realistic in sound and movement."
"It is wonderful hearing the ticking, the gongs, and chimes which are realistic sounding. I sometimes catch myself looking around if there is an "actual" grandfather clock close by, but it is my iPhone or iPad."
"Best grandfather clock in App Store!"
What's New in Version 1.5.4
Enhanced appearance and stability. Includes compatibility fixes that allow correct chiming for musical chimes, correct speaker output, and an accessibility enhancement for VoiceOver users. The tick tock sound will no longer play when the app is in the background. Tap the top right corner for settings.
Looks nice, but...
I downloaded for my iPad2 iOS 9.2 and the tick tock stops when it goes to sleep as well as when it's in the background. I was also frustrated by the setup because the "allow notifications" prompt appeared at launch and I dismissed it, thinking it was going to send me marketing. It took an hour of waiting for it to chime (set for every 15 minutes) and my giving up and getting another app to figure out what the problem was. I bought this app to sub for my real Howard Miller mantel clock while it's being serviced. It was a disappointment that the ticking shuts off, as I had planned to just set my IPad on the charger and let the app run while I went about my business. Don't waste your time and money on this one, the developer's website says "Other projects demand attention..." so he/she sounds like this app is going to be abandoned. Get "Little Ben" instead.
Best clock app out there:
I absolutely love grand clock. I am a totally blind person, and everything they say about user-friendly for the blind is absolutely true. I absolutely love this clock in would’ve given you five stars except that I would like a 24 hour time. Rather than a 12 hour time period. All of the sounds are extremely realistic, in fact, some of them are so realistic, that they’re almost annoying. Some of the gears and grinding get a little bit much, so I purchased the Westminster three chimes, and I am thoroughly pleased with this clock. Please, keep up the good work, and do consider my request for a24 hour time period..
No Background Tick
Like the app. Graphics are very good. Sounds are pretty realistic. There is 1 BIG problem. There is no TIC-Tock when the app is in the background. I am a clock collector and want an app that will sound a little like home when I am on the road. When I am in a hotel, I miss the gentle sounds of my clocks which lull me to sleep at night. I thought I had it here. Then, when I switched to another app, the ticking stopped. I will keep using this one because at least the chimes continue in the background, but when I find what I really want, this one goes and the other one stays.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 03, 2016
- Version: 1.5.4
- Size: 83.7 MB
- Languages: English, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Ansette, LLC
- © 2015 Ansette, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Westminster Chimes 3$0.99
- Westminster Chimes 2$0.99
- St. Michael Chimes$0.99
- Whittington Chimes$0.99